If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Manager, Workplace Capabilities and Planning is responsible for developing, implementing, applying and maintaining Global Real Estate Services workplace experience; with a specific focus on strategic occupancy planning, smart building application, business intelligence and analytics and operationalizing programs and processes. The Manager, Workplace Capabilities and Planning will work closely with internal team members and partners (BI, OIT, Communications, Change Management, Workplace Delivery teams) and external consultants in the development, implementation and training of new processes. This role will report to the Senior Director, Workplace Strategy.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with Sr. Director, Workplace Strategy to provide the strategic direction and governance for strategic occupancy planning to ensure a best in class planning approach & delivery, data strategy and reporting
- Partner with Sr. Director, Workplace Strategy to continue development and implementation of smart building program applications and analytics
- Partner with the Sr. Director, Workplace Strategy in the development and implementation of strategic occupancy planning technology and processes and products needed to operationalize the workplace program; ensuring input and buy-in from key stakeholders
- Partner with the broader workplace delivery team to roll out new products and processes and drive continuous improvement of the workplace program
- Develop and maintain relationships with Real Estate Partners (REPs) and other business partners to understand business requirements and translate into enhancements to the workplace program
- Participate in benchmarking, employee community networking and workplace research to understand the industry, new ideas and future applicability for UnitedHealth Group
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors in related discipline or field of study (i.e. Interior Design, Architecture, Project Management, Corporate Real Estate Planning and Management), or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with corporate real estate and/or architectural firms
- Experience in real estate occupancy planning
- Demonstrated program management skills; able to advance projects with undefined scope and align multiple stakeholders with competing priorities/resources
- Demonstrated oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and knowledge in AutoCAD, CAFM and/or other Real Estate technology tools and software
- Leadership skills to respond to issues at various levels in the organization
- Experience providing excellent internal and external customer service, driving a complex work effort and delivering results to the Enterprise
- Some travel required, 10%
- Healthcare industry experience
- Involvement in rolling out a smart building strategy
- Creative, innovative, broad thinker who always looks to find improved ways of working and a proven ability to deliver beyond the set task and to provide real added value to all work undertaken
- Self-starter, dynamic, confident, and highly motivated individual
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 10 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Workplace Capabilities and Planning, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home