Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values Entrepreneurialism, Innovation, and Individual Accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Particle Measuring Systems (PMS) sets the standard for cleanroom contamination monitoring. With more than 60 patents, we create the technology that enables our customers to make fact-based decisions, improve process yields and comply with ever-changing regulatory requirements.
The Manufacturing Engineer provides support to the production floor to ensure that production employees have documented processes to follow and properly maintain process equipment to manufacture product. Proactively ensures that processes are designed and in place for new product development and ensures that products are designed for manufacturability and testability. Ensures the successful implementation of NPI (New Product Introduction) launches into production. Assists production personnel with troubleshooting and resolving everyday issues.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Work proactively with project teams to optimize product design for manufacturability and testability throughout the development cycle and NPI
- Leads NPI (New Product Introduction) efforts at the production level to ensure a smooth transition of stated requirements and deliverables from product development to production
- Ensure optimal assembly and test sequences that will deliver a high quality product
- Recognize the need for, and implement change as needed to improve product quality to achieve first pass yield and OTD of 90% or greater
- Design and maintain simple go/no-go fixtures for assembly and test
- Develop and maintain realistic takt times for new and existing products as part of 'standard work' in each cell
- Develop and maintain manufacturing documents & processes for existing and new products (NPI) that function in low & high volume manufacturing environment
- Develop root cause analysis for non-conforming materials and products
- Works with suppliers to ensure the delivery of high quality custom manufactured products
- May participate in supplier development and selection programs to ensure that suppliers are equipped to succeed with Particle Measuring product
- Implement and coordinate design changes through proper documentation and processes
- Ensure that quality system procedures and work instructions meet ISO requirements
- Daily participation in standup meetings to ensure daily goals are met
- B.S. Engineering degree is required
- Five or more years of experience in a manufacturing engineering role, or equivalent, is required
- Three or more years of experience in an NPI (New Product Introduction) role in a manufacturing environment with electro/mechanical products.
- Solidworks experience preferred
- Requires a strong customer orientation and an ability to work well with assemblers, technicians, and the technical community
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and oral) and a sense of urgency are required
- Must have the ability to participate effectively in a team environment and to communicate cross functionally
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Problem-solving and multi-tasking; prioritize daily issues & longer term projects
- Previous work in a lean manufacturing environment preferred
The Nuts and Bolts
Location – This is an “in-office” position 100% of the time with Covid precautions being taken. The location of this position is in Boulder, CO
2022 Benefits At-a-Glance
Our benefit package is provided through our parent company, Spectris.
- Health Advocate – This confidential service can help you; your spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law resolve health care and insurance-related issues, manage chronic conditions and improve your health and well-being.
- Dental – Delta Dental PPO; DeltaCare USA
- Vision – VSP Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Onsite Wellness Clinic – Onsite physician for basic health and wellness consultations.
$73000 - 112000 depending upon experience
How we determine what we pay (compensation philosophy)
Particle Measuring Systems determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for the Boulder, Colorado area. We will evaluate external equity, which is the relative marketplace job worth of jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company.
For new hires, we try to make competitive offers between the minimum and around the midpoint of the range. This allows the new employee room for future merit increases during review cycles. There may be times when we will offer above the midpoint. The decision to do so will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and the compensation rates of the employees within the company doing the same function.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer