Teledyne Monitor Labs, a leading supplier of air measurement instrumentation and software seeks self-motivated In-house Instrument Service Repair Technician to join our highly respected hardware service team. Experienced technician desired for hire. This permanent full time position includes extensive training, competitive wages, life, health and dental insurance, 401K retirement plan, paid holidays and vacation.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Assemble heated GC columns, detector modules using resistive welding techniques as well as detailed hand assembly techniques. Troubleshoot as needed.
- Test column and detector modules for functioning communication, leaks, proper flowrate, and functioning heat control.
- Load and test firmware using DOS, bootloader, and serial communication programs.
- Design and build climate controlled GC enclosures for use in industrial and sometime hazardous environments. Design consists of using base drawings and customizing layout and wiring per the requirement of each project.
- Assist the Engineering department in maintaining procedures, process flow charts, and bills of material using Microsoft Office suite and Visio (or equivalent).
- Work on teams of 2-4 to build integrated systems consisting of multiple analyzers, controllers, pumps, chillers, heaters, valves, etc. housed in server style racks or fabricated buildings per custom engineered drawings.
- Create custom tools and test stations to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Will occasionally be called upon to assemble large integrated systems, which requires knowledge of industrial control components, electrical wiring practices.
- Associate's degree (AA/AS) on Electronics Technology or Engineering Electronics or equivalent with 5+ years of related instrument assembly and electronics testing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience/proficiency with tabletop resistive welding.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Visio (or equivalent), and serial communication programs.
- Experience with detailed precision assembly, knowledge of electronics and communication, as well as advanced computer skills is preferred.
- Must be highly detail oriented, able to work independently, and must be able to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems.
Physical and Mental Abilities
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, stand for extended periods, use ladders.
- Must be able to lift more than 70 lbs. and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl comfortably using various hand tools, in awkward positions.
- Requires clear vision and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Employee must be able to work around moving mechanical parts in a moderate weather and humidity.
Colorado Pay Transparency Information
This position has a pay range of $$33,654.40 to $52,000.00 annually. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education. This position is not eligible for a structured bonus or commission plan but may be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
Teledyne offers a wide range of benefits to employees, some of which are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. This position is eligible for a comprehensive medical plan including a PPO and HDHP option as well as dental and vision care.
Teledyne offers a 401(k) through Fidelity with a competitive company match after 90 days. We also offer a Company Stock Purchase Program, with a company contribution after one year of service.
This position will be eligible for paid vacation which will be accrued each pay period starting at 80 hours within the first year. Vacation rolls over and caps out at 2 times the annual accrual rate. Paid sick leave is also available and accrued up to 80 hours within the first year. Paid sick leave can roll over and accumulate up to 960 hours in an extended care sick bank. Teledyne also offers 10 paid pre-designated holidays.
Additionally, Teledyne provides basic life insurance, supplemental life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, business travel accident insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, and an employee assistance program which this position is eligible to participate in.
The company also offers a variety of tax savings accounts including health spending account (HSA), traditional flexible spending account (FSA), limited purpose flex spending account, and a dependent care spending account. After 90 days, this position will be eligible to participate in Teledyne’s tuition reimbursement program for eligible undergraduate and graduate programs.
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call (855)479-1480. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.