This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role will play an integral part in growing the Insurance Solutions line of business within the Government Programs marketing organization. The Marketing Manager will be involved in the research, design, development and execution of marketing and promotional programs that support growth. This role will work directly with AARP Services representatives, Product, Sales, Finance, Compliance and other Insurance Solutions partners to support their goals with marketing expertise and services. This role will also partner with channel owners and data analysts within Government Programs to ensure the successful delivery of campaigns and programs.
Preferred locations for this position would be Minnetonka, MN or Horsham, PA. Candidates that would telecommute for this position will also be considered. Minimum travel may be required for this position; 2 or 3 trips per year.
- Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful go-to-market strategies
- Lead the planning and execution of key growth marketing initiatives from start to finish; concept development, identifying tasks and their sequencing, collaborating with internal and external partners to develop a holistic plan, executing the plan and delivering results
- Create, maintain and facilitate analytics reporting across multiple platforms. Extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
- Provide growth marketing subject matter expertise on business initiatives including goal-setting, return on investment analyses, media strategies, promotional ideas, messaging and creative components
- Create and maintain strong relationships with AARP Services marketing leaders keeping them apprised of shared goals, KPIs, key initiatives, decision points and progress reports
- Understand marketing compliance to AARP brand guidelines and compliance / regulatory requirements
- Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders and proactively communicate to manage expectations, project timelines and trade-offs. Anticipate stakeholder needs and requirements
- Provide updates on key initiatives and campaign results
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 8+ years of marketing experience
- 3+ years of experience in direct to consumer marketing
- 3+ years of experience leading marketing campaigns
- 3+ years of experience leading projects / programs from planning through execution
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Healthcare or insurance industry experience
- Medicare knowledge
- Cross functional team collaboration and communication
- Experience leading / facilitating omni-channel marketing campaigns (digital, direct mail, TV etc.)
- Experience managing internal / external customer requests and demands
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Marketing, consumer insights, consumer trends, strategies, direct to consumer marketing, marketing campaigns, healthcare, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Horsham, PA, Pennsylvania, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home