Materials II - CT Coord- Denver, Colorado - Monday to Friday 7:00AM -3:30PM
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our
diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you
can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Responsible for assisting in the sourcing and procurement of materials and services and providing administrative support for the Clinical Trials Supply Chain department.
- Assist in the sourcing and procurement of materials and services for the Business Unit (BU) as directed.
- Entering of requisitions and stock requests into the Materials Management software system as required.
- Maintain appropriate documentation, filing and storage of records, reports, Capital Expenditure forms (capexes), purchase requisitions, etc.
- Monitor supply levels and allocate inventory if critical shortages occur.
- Reconcile any and all receiving transaction discrepancies with vendors, accounts payable and purchasing.
- Manages and maintains Stockclerk or appropriate Materials Management system to ensure integrity of the database and accuracy of data.
- Review and maintain appropriate stocking levels for the business unit (BU).
- Monitor and manage open orders and backorders in conjunction with the Purchasing Operations Center (POC) and Corporate Materials Management and Contract Managers to ensure material availability and timely receipt of merchandise. . Keep requestors informed of order status.
- Coordinate and manage the New Item Request (NIR) and New Vendor Request (NVR) process in conjunction with BU Materials Manager.
- Coordinate with warehouse/storeroom to provide for timely and accurate delivery of materials to appropriate location.
- Act as the primary focus point for departments to address day to day operational materials concerns.
- Assist the Materials Management staff in data collection and report preparation as needed.
- Provide administrative support for the Materials Management department as required.
- Comply with all applicable and current Materials and Services Management, Human Resources, Employee Health and Safety, Compliance, OSHA, CLIA, etc. policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Responsible for maintaining current service contract report and following up with the vendors and end users for timely renewal
- Assist in managing the standing order process as requested.
- Maintain timely and accurate cycle counts.
- Conducts audits of warehouses as necessary.
- Reconcile inventory transaction discrepancies and assist in determining reasons for these.
- Coordinate visit specific and non-stock supply orders and new study supply forecasts with Project Management Team
- Manages the client supply-pricing set-up in database for new study billing and updates existing studies as amended to ensure clients are billed as per contract terms.
- Acts as the primary focus point for sales and bids & contracts on client supply pricing queries for client bid preparations. .
- Interfaces with and responds to client supply billing set-up queries/discrepancies.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good record keeping skills
- Ability to operate a computer, printer, copier and other basic office equipment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.) or equivalent
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- One or more year’s purchasing experience.
- Previous Medical and or Materials Management experience desired.