Product Development Tech
6075 Longbow Drive, Boulder, CO 80301
$20-$25 per hour
The Product Development Tech will performing research and supporting the development of new products, improving the characteristics of existing products of the company, and evaluating elements of different types of products that are more and less valuable to the market. The Product Development Tech will use Adobe Creatives and 3D CAD design and be “hands on” at building product prototypes. This person will play an integral role in bringing products to the market while meeting deadlines and staying within budget and controls.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibility:
• Create drawings and advance 3D renderings of potential products and enhancements to existing products
• Design and create prototypes with directions and guidance from the head of product development (currently the EVP)
• Collect and analyze data from various tests from prototypes
• Perform modifications and test to ensure quality and effectiveness of products
• Prepare and present written documentation, while regularly providing updates about the product development or quality control
• Collaborate with graphics designers to assist in conceptualizing/refining new products using graphic and design software
• Collaborate with marketing and sales to analyze and set value for product design and development
• Create and maintain the product pitch book
• Develop power points for outlining and proposing of new product ideas and improvements
• Develop and manage innovative pipeline
• Perform intensive research as needed in order to develop and improve existing products
• Apply research results to assist in the design and development of new products by using computer software
• Any and all other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 3D CAD Designer: An understanding and ability to open and work in 3D CAD files without blowing them up.
• Tinkerer: Comfortable in a maker space prototyping.
• Project manager: Able to manage internal and external teams to drive project completion on-time and within budget.
• Jack & Jill of All Trades: Willing and able to learn and do whatever is needed (from sweeping the floor to learning new software) to achieve company objectives.
• Possessing of a Strong Design Ethic: Able to create attractive designs in 3D CAD software.
• Entrepreneur -- capable of thinking through complex tasks and problems and coming up with unique and innovative solutions .
• Analyzer: Able to consistently monitor, record and analyze complex systems.
For more information or further consideration on this opportunity please contact Donny Yoshida, Kelly Engineering Recruiter, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.