Facility: BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - EM
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Designs, develops and tests all aspects of mechanical components and equipment. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as electronics, plastics, instruments, controls, etc. May be involved in the fabrication, operation, application, installation and/or repair of mechanical components of electronic products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with other engineers for the management of new product introduction including vendor sourcing, approvals, and costing. Ensures that quality criteria are met for all products.
- Provides support to Product Management, Manufacturing and Engineering Change Request program for existing products, processes and equipment. Recommends design changes to improve quality, manufacturability and ease of assembly.
- Provides leadership to manufacturing personnel in developing and implementing product and process improvements.
- Develops and maintains accurate and detailed reports that include payback period and return on investment, and routing and methods documentation to establish the manufacturing process, drive cost reductions, and provide equipment and tooling justifications.
- Provides input to Quality Assurance Manufacturing regarding the development of test equipment and methods of testing for reliability evaluation, and quality assurance and inspection requirements, including use of microprocessor based automated test equipment.
- Coordinates all key and support projects proficiently with Internal Software, Marketing, Materials and Production Control, Purchasing, Accounting, Manufacturing, Suppliers and Customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.