Location: Denver, CO
Description: Judge Healthcare is currently seeking a Medical Assistant to join our client's team in Denver, CO!
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Performs all duties within the scope of a Medical Assistant's practice.
- Operates diagnostic equipment (cannot interpret tests), remove staples from superficial wounds, changes wound dressing and obtains cultures, administers non-intravenous medication, performs simple specimen collection via noninvasive techniques and collects blood specimens via venipuncture or via capillary, performs EKGs.
- Performs quality control checks on equipment. Prepares and sterilizes medical equipment using the autoclave.
- Rooms patients according to policy and procedures, prepares patient for examination
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies.
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect.
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments.
- Practices standard infection control precautions
- Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- 2 years Clinical Medical Assistant experience required
- 2 years Pediatric experience required
- Current BLS certification (through an approved American Heart Association Training Center or the Military Training Network)
- Knowledge of medical terminology required
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]