$1,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
There is also a $500 bonus after six months of employment in this position and $500 after one year of employment in this position.
Opportunities with New West Physicians. Bring your passion for health care to New West Physicians in Colorado, a team committed to providing excellent service to every patient... every time. We’re not only one of the largest physician groups in Colorado with 21 offices throughout the Denver Metro area - we’re also part of Optum, a nationwide family of nearly 45,000 dedicated physicians working together to help people live their healthiest lives. That means we’re backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. For four consecutive years, New West Physicians achieved Elite status - the highest ranking - in the America’s Physician Groups Standards of Excellence Survey. In addition, New West Physicians was selected as one of the 2017 Million Hearts® Hypertension Control Champions by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and was the 2015 recipient of AMGA's National Acclaim Award recognizing high performing medical groups bringing the American health care system closer to the ideal delivery model: one that’s safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable. It’s all possible because of our highly qualified, board-certified family practice and internal medicine physicians, hospitalists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, neurologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and more. If this sounds like the place for you, it’s time to take a closer look at New West Physicians and discover a path to your life’s best work.(sm)
We have medical assistant openings in Evergreen, Lone Tree and Arvada.
- Assist providers with examinations, minor surgical procedures and physicals
- May be required to perform certain tasks alone as instructed. These procedures may include but are not limited to:
- Medical Duties: Injections, sterile field set up, EKG, application of dressings and splints, PFT’s, mass removal, flexible sigmoidoscopy, pap smears, pulse oximetry, orthostatic blood pressures, audiograms, spirometry, eye testing and care of basic lacerations
- Laboratory Duties: venipuncture, urinalysis, pregnancy tests, rapid strep and flu tests, mono and blood glucose, FIT testing
- Care of emergency walk-in patients. Assist patients anytime need is apparent
- Schedule patients for ancillary testing, therapy, specialist visits and hospital admissions
- Assist with triage of telephone calls for providers
- Take pharmacy messages for prescription refills and process according to office procedures
- Assist with maintenance of patients’ files, records and other information
- Assemble patient information packets and monitor inventory of packets
- Work closely with all insurance companies
- Assist with ordering of medical supplies
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.