Hours per week: 40
Will float to multiple locations.
Providers are eligible for benefits at 20 hours per week!!
Healthstat is a leading provider of on-site primary care, high health risk intervention, chronic condition management and occupational medical care services in employer facilities. Through on-site centers, preventative care, wellness programs and comprehensive reporting, Healthstat alleviates a corporation's rising cost of healthcare by improving the health of its employees and dependents. Healthstat currently manages more than 300 clinics nationwide serving over 200,000 participants.
Healthstat's professional clinic staff members aid employees with reaching personal health improvement goals. Our positions offer a unique opportunity to be directly involved with improving employee health with a singular commitment to wellness.
Healthstat is seeking a qualified Medical Office Assistant looking to be an integral part of our culture where people come first, and we strive to make a difference. Personal health is our priority!!
Purpose: To provide clinical and administrative support in Healthstat On-Site Medical Clinics.
How Healthstat Medical Office Assistants make a difference:
- Establish rapport and relationships with the patients
- Assist providers in establishing a welcoming and inviting clinical culture
- Directly assist the on-site provider(s) with day to day operations
- Provide a clinical experience surpassing each patient's expectations
- Basic Patient Care (VS, patient histories, etc.);
- Manage patient intake and clinic workflow;
- Provide Injections and other Services as ordered by On-Site Physicians and Mid-Level Practitioners;
- Perform Phlebotomy services;
- Administer TB skin tests;
- Work on Electronic Medical Record (EMR) entering patient information and maintain confidentiality of patients and their records;
- Schedule and coordinate patient appointments and outside referrals;
- Maintain site paperwork;
- Maintain Clinic Supply Inventory and complete orders to maintain par levels of supplies;
- Directly assist the on-site provider with day to day operations;
- Deliver other clinical procedures as directed by On-Site Physicians and Mid-Level Practitioners;
- Deliver deposit to the bank or designated deposit drop location. Submit deposit receipt to Finance within 3 working days of the bank deposit. Only at certain clinic locations.
Essential Physical Demands:
- Ability to use personal computer, printer, fax machine
- Ability to sit at desk in office location during the work day
- Ability to speak and hear in English and Spanish (if required for specific client location); in person and by telephone;
- Ability to travel to and from client and vendor sites;
- Ability to travel commercially by common carrier if necessary;
- Ability to work in climate-controlled office environment
- Ability to work in field environments from time to time
- Ability to participate in client meetings, on occasion, in a variety of environments
- Ability to lift at least 20 (twenty) lbs
Other Functions: Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Ability to easily establish rapport and relationships;
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions and high volume of activities;
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize well;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Good problem solving and math skills;
- Technical understanding of employee benefits, insurance products and concepts;
- Good presentation skills;
- High school diploma or GED required;
- CPR certified (preferred);
- Medical Office Assistant certification (if required by applicable state);
- Phlebotomy Certification (if required by applicable state);
- Must be a self-starter, assertive, enthusiastic, self-directed and people oriented;
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish (if specified for position);
- Required to pass a Criminal Background Check
- Consistently demonstrate professionalism in communications and relationships with patients, clients, co-workers, Healthstat corporate leadership and support staff, employers, prospects, vendors, and carriers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, age, marital status, or handicap.