IDR is an employee-owned staffing firm that puts people first. We go above and beyond by empowering talent and developing leaders to deliver best-in-class solutions. Founded and headquartered in Atlanta, we’ve grown organically since 1998 to serve businesses and professionals throughout the Nashville, Dallas, Fort Worth, Denver, and Birmingham markets.
The primary tasks, duties, and responsibilities contained in the medical scheduler job description are listed below:
· Operates computer and accurately enters clinical information.
· Enters and maintains provider master appointment schedules for clinical departments as assigned; revises related support documents as necessary; generates appointments for providers in accordance with standard procedures as established by clinic nursing department.
· Receives, reviews verifies, and completes clinical providers' monthly calendars, daily schedules and requests for schedule modification; responds to both routine and urgent requests in an efficient, accurate and timely fashion.
· Assists clinical staff with scheduling of providers; provides one-to-one instruction to providers with proper scheduling techniques, document utilization and application of appointments.
· Performs detailed review of all outgoing appointment schedules; distributes to designated clinical departments in timely and appropriate manner.
· Assists appointments/receptionists with data entry of patient encounter information as required.
· Advises Supervisor or designate of daily productivity, appointment system operational issues that are likely to affect clinic utilization and member access.
· Operates office equipment such as computers, fax machines, printers, and photocopies.
· Participates in service excellence training and demonstrates service excellence attributes.
· High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
· Minimum two (2) years of clerical functions together with at least one (1) year experience with actual hands-on operation of regional appointment system experience.
· Excellent customer service skills required.
· Effective verbal, written, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
· Ability to work effectively with providers, patients, support staff and other personnel to coordinate radiology schedules, which requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to initiate referral forms in conjunction with the business office.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $16.75 - $17.00 per hour