Aerotek Scientific is actively recruiting for entry level PhD chemists with strong synthetic organic chemistry skills for a laboratory-based position focused on the design and synthesis of novel small molecule drugs. The successful candidate will work well in a team environment, be innovative in synthetic planning, and highly motivated to help meet team driven goals.
- Participate in the design of new small molecule drugs
- Develop and execute synthetic routes to deliver team objectives
- Critically evaluate and troubleshoot reaction sequences
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab
- Evaluate complex data sets to develop strategies aimed at drug optimization
- Prepare and present research results to chemistry and project team members
- Regularly interact and cooperate with team members across functional areas
- Work in partnership with external collaborators
- Keep current with the chemistry literature as well as key biology publications related to ongoing projects
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry is required
- Proven track record through high quality publications and presentations
- Expertise in NMR, automated chromatography and LC/MS
- Demonstrated ability to carry out multistep synthetic chemistry sequences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in the laboratory while pursuing multiple targets in parallel
- Experience mentoring and working with junior scientists is preferred
Please apply with two professional references and an updated resume
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.