The Mortuary Manager will oversee all aspects of running a mortuary.
- Works directly as or with the crematory operator on daily operations.
- Ensuring all policies and laws are being upheld and enforced.
- Ensuring all licenses are up to date and within compliance
- Scheduling all maintenance bids for equipment, including retorts, processor, etc.
- Maintaining inventory levels of supplies.
- Maintains close relationships with customers to ensure cremations are completed to the highest standard of care.
- Assists crematory operator in scheduling, paperwork verification, cremations/viewings outside of business hours
- Ensures 72 hour turn-around time is being met for each cremation.
- Oversees all removals, removal drivers and vehicle maintenance.
- Responsible for all hiring, disciplinary action and termination of staff.
- Ensures all removal calls are being answered and dispatched in a timely manner
- Works on-call as needed including nights and weekends.
- Makes sure routine maintenance on vehicles is scheduled, regular vehicle inspections
- Works directly with plant manager/marketing manager to resolve any issues.