The TEGNA Design Tank in Denver, Colorado is expanding, and we are in search of a talented Motion Graphic Designer to be part of its internal creative department servicing our broadcast television stations, ad sales marketing and digital platforms. The Motion Graphic Designer will be responsible for creating complex animated graphics and infographics, kinetic typography and video pre & post-production. They will work with a team of other artists and designers that will support all of the TEGNA television stations on a daily basis. The position works closely with the Creative Director, Design Director and the Production Coordinators, as well as with employees within all of the TEGNA stations across the country during certain projects.
- Design and animate broadcast graphics for TEGNA stations (including logo design, informational graphics, branding and marketing projects)
- Communicate with stations about projects and daily graphics
- Design for print related projects on occasion
- Learn various CG design software (Chryon/Vertigo) and participate in template creation as needed
- Candidate must have had formal training in design/art and preferably motion at trade school or college, please don't apply if you are not a designer
- Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Broadcast experience desired
- 1-3 years' experience as a motion graphic designer in a professional graphic design environment is preferred, recent graduates are also encouraged to apply!
- Strong executional skills in Adobe products, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects, Cinema 4D and Premiere Pro are also preferred, any Chyron/Vertigo experience is a nice to have
- Excellent design and animation skills
- A professional portfolio chalked full of compelling and aspirational designs. We want to see your design chops!
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Able to perform under very tight deadlines
- Able to react to change and take direction effectively and productively
- Strong spelling and grammar skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends
- Note: Due to Covid-19, the entire staff at the TEGNA Design Tank is currently working from home (remote). This position will likely require the employee to work from home as well as from the Tank office in Denver, Colorado each week starting in September of 2021.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.