TEGNA Media is in search of a talented Motion Graphic Designer to be part of its internal creative department servicing our broadcast stations. The Motion Graphic Designer will be responsible for creating complex animated graphics and infographics, kinetic typography and video pre/post production. The ideal candidate will work with a team of other artists and designers that will support all of the TEGNA television stations on a daily basis. The position works closely with the Creative Director, Design Director and the Production Coordinator, as well as with employees within all of the TEGNA stations during certain projects. The Motion Graphic Designer will receive constant feedback during projects and requests.
Grab a glimpse of what it's like to work in the TANK here: www.tegnadesigntank.com
- Design and animate broadcast graphics for TEGNA stations (including logo design, informational graphics, branding and marketing projects)
- Communicate with stations about projects and daily graphics
- Design for print related projects on occasion
- Learn various CG design software (Chryon/Vertigo) and participate in template creation
- Handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Candidate must have had formal training in design/art and preferably motion at trade school or college, please don't apply if you are not a designer
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- Broadcast experience desired
- 1-3 years experience as a motion graphic designer in a professional graphic design environment is preferred
- Strong executional skills in Adobe products, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects. Cinema 4D and Premiere Pro are also preferred.
- Any Chyron/Vertigo experience is a nice to have.
- Experience/knowledge with UI design for websites and/or apps preferred, but not required * Proficiency using Sketch and UI industry standards also a plus, but not required * Excellent design and animation skills * A professional portfolio chalked full of compelling and aspirational designs. We want to see your design chops! * Strong customer service and communication skills
* Able to perform under very tight deadlines * Able to react to change and take direction effectively and productively * Strong spelling and grammar skills with a keen focus on attention to detail * Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends
*Upon submitting resume, please be sure to include link to your portfolio. We will not be reviewing candidates that have not included a portfolio or demo reel.
Interested yet? Good. We are too! We're pretty sure you'll want to know we offer one of the most generous benefits packages around. Things like a 401(k) plan, casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.
We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online at:
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Cofactor. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.