Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This Provider Relations Advocate role with UnitedHealth Group will call on your knowledge, your energy and your commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. We're building better, more effective provider networks every day. In this role, you'll use your strong customer service orientation and knowledge of insurance claims to serve as an advocate for providers in our networks. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
Responsible for the identification, development, acquisition of healthcare system agreements, and maintenance of large Healthcare Systems and Networks in order to enhance the LHI network of Health Care Providers. Develop a relationship with Healthcare Systems and Networks at the executive and business development level to enroll their support in LHI's mission. Successfully transition Healthcare system agreements to Provider Network Management staff in order to expedite the provider contracting process.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Prepare and acquire Healthcare System agreements using appropriate and approved LHI contract acquisition processes
- Travel within authorized budget in support of Account Manager duties and delivery of customer satisfaction
- Build rapport and lasting provider relationships based on personal and professional trust.
- Develop and maintain solid customer working relationships
- Identify, develop and solicit offers and bids from large Healthcare Systems and Networks to expand the capabilities of the LHI provider network
- Identify key personnel at the executive and business development level
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field
- 2+ years negotiating and contracting experience; Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience will be considered
- Skilled in Account Management Process and Call Planning
- Understanding of Contract and Order Acquisition Process
- Negotiating and subcontracting skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to be customer focused with strong listening skills
- Able to map and understand buying processes in complex organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to apply creative thinking to source appropriate solutions to problems
- Understanding the customer in order to conduct appropriate communications and representation
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30%
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 3+ years negotiating and contracting experience
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Medical, dental or healthcare insurance experience
- Database experience/education
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities and in making work related decisions
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate through use of verbal, written and interpersonal means with a diverse group of people/disciplines at all levels of an organization
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: National Account Manager, Account Management, Call Planning, Contract, Order Acquisition, Negotiating, Subcontracting, Contracting, National Career Readiness Certificate, Medical, Dental, Healthcare, Insurance, Madison, WI, Wisconsin, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, OptumCare, LHI, Logistics Health Inc