Job ID: 20-08516
Title: Network Admin I
Location: Denver, CO
Type: Direct Placement
Under general supervision, responsible for monitoring and technical support of the network, application, and telephony infrastructure including triage, isolation, ticketing, carrier/vendor management and corrective action systems in a 24-hour/7-day-per-week Network Operations Center (NOC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs day-to-day monitoring of IT infrastructure availability.
- Monitors network environment through use of various tools to expedite resolution of potential and reported issues.
- Manages repair efforts, drives resolutions and escalations with carriers/LECs.
- Troubleshoots reported LAN and WAN issues at local and remote locations.
- Audits monitoring platforms, hardware and circuit inventories for accuracy.
- Triage for Service Desk escalations reporting service outages and slowness.
- Ability to read and follow documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Competent and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Plans and paces own work efficiency, and operates in a team atmosphere in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related productivity goals.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Four (4) years of system administration, Telecom, NOC or related experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of the OSI model.
- Understand functions of devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, VOIP phones and servers.
- Understands layer 2 switching concepts/technologies: MAC addresses, VLANs, Trunks, STP
- Understands IP addressing, subnetting and ARP
- Knowledge of routing protocols such as: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- Knowledge of Telecom and ISP Handoff prefered
- Knowledge of network discovery protocols: SNMP, Netflow, CDP and LLDP
- Understands common network troubleshooting tools such as ping, traceroute, nslookup
- Understanding of Quality-of-Service (QoS)
- Knowledge of copper and fiber transport medias and their associated standards
- Strong desire to learn new and emerging technologies
- CCENT/CCNA/NETWORK+ Or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Work is in an office setting and generally sedentary with physical effort associated with using a computer, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up
If interested, please reach out!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!