Location: Aurora, CO
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Network Engineer to support platform baseline development activities.
Location: Aurora, CO
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- This position will perform network administration and engineering tasks pertaining to detail design development and creating engineering design artifacts.
- Tasks include implementing Virtualized configurations utilizing VMWare, to include: Virtual Network - Administrator NSX-T; switch, firewall, and router configurations, and updating/managing the interface control document (ICD) for networking.
- Individual should possess knowledge and experience with network technologies, services, operations, and associated security practices; and have their Security + certification.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- US Citizenship, and a current active DOD Secret Security Clearance
- 6+ years of relevant experience directly related to network engineering design
- In-depth understanding of network technologies and associated services, management, and security practices/techniques
- Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- Virtual Network - Administrator NSX-T
- In-depth experience with VMware Virtual Cloud Network and the NSX-T Data Center architecture
- Experience with layer 2 logical segmenting and bridging with tiered routing architecture, configuration of routers and advanced services such as VPN and load balancing
- Familiarity with an agile software-defined infrastructure to build cloud-native application environments
- Experience with Data Center LAN design, Implementation, diagnostics, performance and management
- Cognizant of network topologies as well as understand necessary configuration details
- Familiar with TCP, and secure protocols
- Knowledge/experience with WAN implementations
- Must be able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Must have a Security + certification
- Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 6+ years of related work experience; with emphasis in virtualized network design and architecture or 14 years’ experience in lieu of degree
- Knowledge/experience with SAN implementations (iSCSI, Fiber Channel)
- Knowledge/experience with VMware implementations
- Knowledge/experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Center for Internet Security (CIS) Benchmarks
- Advanced Network Certifications such as CCNP, CCIE
- Proven Juniper SRX Firewall
- Experience with Configuration Management
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]