Position Description Summary:
Provide leadership role to plan, design, and implement networked systems, including configurations, supporting and troubleshooting network problems, and coordinating with vendors for installation of such items as Routers, Firewalls, Content Smart Switches, Content Filtering Systems, Mail Relay Gateways, Linux Servers, DNS & DHCP servers, VPN Concentrators, Intrusion Detection Systems, Bridges, Concentrators, and Switches.
Work on project implementations.
Communicating status to all levels of management, provide training and complete proposal writing.
Responsible for project planning, cost analysis, and vendor comparisons.
Responsible for Third Level operations of Internet related systems, including LANs and WANs.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.
• Has knowledge & utilizes commonly-used concepts, best practices, and procedures within the Network Industry
• Lead high level projects assuring issues are documented/resolved and proper communication/status updates are completed as needed.
• Create project plans and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job for 2nd and 1st level support personnel.
• Provide complete architectural design of our Firewall based systems for connecting BAX Offices to the Internet.
• Document all infrastructure changes for network group access.
• Identify, research, and resolve 3rd level Technical Support problems related to the Internet, Internet Mail, Firewalls, LANS and WANS.
• Track and monitor the problem in Remedy to insure a timely resolution as managed through an automated system The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.