The Network Expansion Planner shall work cross functionally to review feasibility, create network plans, create building-based solutions, and support business case development for telecommunications network expansions and new market developments. The purpose of these expansions is to increase network coverage and addressable market, to enable profitable revenue growth and to support strategic initiatives for the company.
* Identify network expansion/new market development opportunities using appropriate targeting data against our current network.
* Consider build versus lease options. Leases of available dark fiber from 3rd party providers in lieu of full build.
* Use and apply appropriate corporate approved design guidelines to create best, most economical, and practical solutions for the targeted area
* Support various Sales driven RFP opportunities, providing "Nearnet" build analysis for large address sets.
* Work with other engineering and planning organizations to create viable, economical plans.
* When necessary work with Regional Finance Managers to prepare a business case. Aggregating as necessary supporting information, including revenue targeting data, lease expenses, capital costs, maps, and slides.
* Provide ongoing support to released solutions, troubleshooting cost variance and unforeseen design issues.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Specific knowledge of Aerial, Buried, and Underground Fiber placement. Understanding of optical networks including DWDM and Ethernet is a plus. Ability to work in cross-functional teams with Field Engineers, and other planners to develop appropriate, most economical solutions. Basic understanding of Financial Analysis. Strong computer skills with emphasis using Microsoft Word, Excel. Most desired software knowledge would include Microsoft SQL, and mapping programs, specifically ArcGIS. Experience in Outside Plant Construction, Project Management, Engineering desired.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.