This position is part of the Dream Chaser® Flight Operations Directorate’s Mission Systems Element. Mission Systems includes the facilities, equipment, software, and communication infrastructure necessary to operate the Dream Chaser® spacecraft. Engineers within the Mission Systems group are responsible for the design, integration, testing, and maintenance of Dream Chaser® Mission Control Center systems. These systems are used throughout spacecraft development, integrated testing, and real-time mission operations.
This hands-on technical position will work on LAN / WAN implementation and supporting issues in a complex corporate network environment. As part of the Corporate Network Services team, this position will participate in all day-to-day activities and project goals in a Cisco based environment. Technical responsibilities include providing design, implementation & support of WLAN, LAN, MPLS WAN and VOIP telecommunications infrastructure across multiple and various sites nation wide. As a technical specialist, this position will be required to provide resolution guidance to the other CNS team members for advanced systems design, problem resolution and project management. Network/systems security will be a heavily emphasized set of responsibilities for this position, including but not limited to intrusion detection & digital rights management. Will help lead and actively participate in projects supporting network and telecommunications infrastructure implementations and enhancements. Coordinates with local IT POC’s to ensure strategic alignment and governance compliance. Determines appropriateness of moderate equipment changes or modifications to provide a high level of security according to network service level agreement.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Working as part of a small & dynamic team to complete the development and certification of the Dream Chaser's control center systems
- Support mission critical network services, maintaining SLA's for security & reliability
- Supports plans and documentation for control center networks and telecommunication systems
- Design and manage network implementation solutions and projects
- Support of overall control center design, integration, & build out
- Test plan development, execution, and reporting
- Design and operations documentation development, including system manuals, operations handbook, interface control documents, and operational procedures
- Training and support for other team members and end users
- Real-time monitoring, anomaly resolution, and operations support
- Deploy, sustain, troubleshoot and repair standard voice, data and video network infrastructure systems, IP detection systems, and cryptographic equipment
- Perform, coordinate, integrate, and supervise network design, configuration, operation, and improvements
- Patch and harden networks as needed
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- Off-hours implementations and remote site travel a must
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or another related field required
- 6 or more years of related experience
- Hands on experience with a wide variety of network related tools, concepts, technologies, best practices, and security procedures
- Hands on experience with network hardware, protocols, and media including but not limited to fiber optics, UTP, IEEE 802.11, VOIP, MPLS, DNS, TCP.IP directional wireless
- Hands on experience configuring and deploying Palo Alto zone based firewall rules and policies
- Experience in System Administration, DevOps support, and/or Network Administration
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP highly desired
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), we deliver customer- focused technology and best-of-breed innovations in the Aerospace and Defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America's fastest growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $101,774.67 - $139,940.19
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.