Network Engineer III
Job Title: Network Engineer III
Location: Englewood, CO
Terms: 6-month Contract-to-Hire
Network Engineer III Job Summary:
This Network Engineer III position will work in the CTEC Lab and is primarily supporting the Core Network team lab environments, conducting testing, and developing testing scripts. The lab environments consist of rack-mounted multi-vendor routers, switches and both physical and virtual servers.
Network Engineer III Job Responsibilities:
- Gathers required information from shipping information, creating rack, stack, and power installation tickets, verifies work has been completed, and updates inventories.
- Manages cabling requests for out of band console and management, assigning IP addresses and verifying console configuration works.
- Performs network device and server configuration and initial code/operating system loads.
- Takes requests from engineers, create tickets, installs optics, verifies Layer-1 connectivity, conducts post-cabling installation and troubleshooting, assigns IP addresses, and performs link tests.
- Handles lab equipment decommissions, including verification that devices are removed from logical typologies, monitoring, and automation systems.
- Submits and manages tickets to remove cables and un-racking of equipment.
- Reclaims optical transceivers.
- Performs network device troubleshooting, including incident management caused by improper routing, no connectivity, or no access.
- Performs lab device software upgrades and downgrades.
- Works with automation engineers to develop correct process for upgrading and downgrading to new software versions in the lab.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of consumables (optical transceivers, console servers, Ethernet switches, etc.) and works with management to restock.
- Works with management and engineers to determine and maintain correct supply levels.
- Maintains documentation and regularly performs audits to ensure documentation is correct.
- Provides basic lab server support: manage OSes (install, patching), permissions (getting connected to AD authentication, etc.), basic application install/support, virtual machine creation/support as needed.
- Performs testing on lab equipment.
- Defines test cases for automation engineers, or scripts automated test cases using Python scripting language.
- Serves as an intermediary between network engineers and automation engineer to automate test cases after network engineers determine what test cases are needed.
- Works with other engineers to create and build new automation templates to provide baselines for new projects or testing efforts.
Network Engineer III Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of routing protocols, network hardware and software, security technologies and network infrastructure is required (CCNA, JNCIA, or equivalent work experience)
- Prior hardware or software testing experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with virtual machines in an ESXi environment preferred, but not required.
- Windows server administration
- Linux server administration
- Python scripting experience
- Good writing, diagramming, and interpersonal skills
- 5 to 10 years of computer networking experience with Cisco or Juniper routers
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Benefits? Yes, provided by ettain group
- Visa Sponsorship? Not offered
How to Apply:
For immediate attention please apply online and send a text message or leave a voicemail for Tiffany Logan at (720)-509-6086.
ettain group is the Talent Solutions Company dedicated to employment opportunities in Technology, Healthcare IT, Digital, Professional, and Government. Since 1996 we've helped the most talented professionals in the industry capture the in-demand roles that align with their career goals. We are your long-term career partner and will not only work to find you an opportunity now but will actively work to re-engage you on your next assignment. Top employers and highly skilled talent throughout the U.S. select ettain group for an unparalleled recruitment experience, which has earned us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing Diamond Awards for both Talent & Client Satisfaction for 9 consecutive years, an honor achieved by less than 2% in our industry. To learn more about ettain group visit www.ettaingroup.com. To explore more job opportunities with ettain group, visit www.jobs.ettaingroup.com/job-board.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 562053 when responding to this ad.