UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
There comes a point when you're ready to take off the training wheels and start guiding others. If that's where you are today, let's talk about where you can be tomorrow with our leading, global health care organization. Provider networks across the health care system are becoming more efficient and effective everyday thanks to companies like UnitedHealth Group and people like you. Here's an opportunity to put your expertise to work in new ways as you help strike the balance between health care costs and resources. In this consultative role, you'll ensure that healthcare contracts are priced accurately and fairly for all involved. In this role, it is all about creativity, challenge and complexity. You'll be expected to help accurately and effectively price the network. It's challenging because you need to be creative in your approach to the analytics behind the contract in order to properly utilize resources, build the data and price the network accurately.
If you are located in MST or PST time zone, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Conduct financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting
- Perform unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies
- Support and validate provider network contracting and unit cost management
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Review work performed by others and recommend improvements
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, health care economics or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- 2+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets and information acquisition tools
- Intermediate level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, interpreting and evaluating financial modeling results, developing forecasts, and data manipulation
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience with medical coding (CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, etc.)
- Knowledge of MS Access
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $71,400 to $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Ntwk Pricing Cnslt, Healthcare Ops, Network Contracting & Pricing, Network Pricing, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, WFH, work from home, work at home, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote