At ACC, every employee is focused and responsible for student success. We promote a culture of inclusivity and innovation through individualized support, passionate employees, and a welcoming environment. Hands on experiences and personalized attention make learning come alive at ACC enabling our diverse community of students and staff to develop the knowledge and skills they need to reach their academic and career goals. Since 1965, ACC has supported a culture of achievement and has been the place of choice for people who want to Move Mountains.
ACC seeks applicants who understand and have first-hand experience with historically marginalized populations such as people of color, LGBTQ+ community members, veterans, first generation graduates, and people with disabilities.
The Clinical Coordinator Faculty position is a full-time, 9-month (August to May) faculty position in the Nursing Department, with an additional 26 contract days to be worked during the summer months to ensure clinical placements and student compliance for the Fall. The additional 26 days are compensated at the daily rate of the individual's base faculty salary. The Clinical Coordinator secures and coordinates clinical placements for Nursing students at Arapahoe Community College. The Clinical Coordinator negotiates contracts with agency educators about learning lengths of time, clinical scholar requirements, date ranges and clinical student requirements prior to coming to the site. This position also recruits, interviews, and hires clinical instructors who meet the requirements of Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and Colorado State Board of Nursing in collaboration with nursing faculty. This position requires use of an electronic Clinical Platform for most clinical requests and mandates compliance with the platform for both students and instructors.
The Clinical Coordinator also identifies and cultivates healthcare provider partnerships and will help establish and maintain contracts with clinical sites to increase the practicum options available to ACC's students. This position requires researching possible new sites to obtain additional clinical placements. Contact with nursing directors and educators in combination with site visits to alternative agencies is necessary to determine the acuity level of patients and viability for nursing students.
ACC Faculty teach 15 credits each fall and spring semester. The Clinical Coordinator receives 7.5 credits in the Fall and Spring for administrative clinical coordination duties. Faculty may have the option to teach courses during the summer semester for additional compensation. Courses may be taught using both traditional and non-traditional delivery methods, including face-to-face, online, computer-aided, distance learning, self-paced, and interdisciplinary. Faculty may need to teach at any of our campus locations and at a variety of times (days, evenings, and some weekends).
ACC is committed creating a community of best practices in facilitating teaching, learning, and student success. As such, we seek faculty who will be engaged members of the college community through active service on committees, collaboration with colleagues, and who possess a commitment and passion to facilitating improved outcomes for students and communities the college serves.
ACC is dedicated to supporting our faculty throughout their careers as educators, scholars, and professionals. We provide a robust offering of professional development opportunities for faculty to strengthen their skills in teaching strategies, outcomes-based practice, and reflective practice. Faculty develop an equity-minded and culturally responsive pedagogy that closes success gaps and fosters a commitment to excellence in education. Candidates with a foundational understanding of these skills and knowledge or a demonstrated growth mindset on these topics are strongly encouraged to apply.
ACC Equity Statement
We welcome and value the identities and experiences of our students, staff, faculty, and surrounding communities. We seek to engage and support historically marginalized groups whom higher education has traditionally failed to serve. We work to foster an equitable and inclusive learning and work environment that supports our students and employees through professional development, programming, reflection, and transformational change of ACC practices, procedures, services, and teaching. We collectively commit to holding ourselves accountable to our equity goals through assessing these efforts with multiple strategies that include voices of those impacted by this work.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills including managing an electronic database, email, Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- Ability to effectively communicate as appropriate to meet the needs of the audience.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to be flexible with negotiation of student, coordinator, and class schedules for placement.
- Ability to process multiple sources of data and information.
- Master's Degree in Nursing.
- Possess a current, unencumbered Colorado RN license OR possess a current, unencumbered RN license from another state AND have the ability to obtain an unencumbered Colorado RN license by the date of hire.
- Has, or qualifies for, postsecondary CTE credential including 4000 paid non-teaching occupational hours within the last 5 years*
- Experience teaching and/or training various subjects within the discipline.
- Clinical nursing experience.
- Ability to use technology in classroom and as a teaching tool.
- Demonstrated commitment working with and supporting students from historically marginalized communities (people of color, LGBTQ+ community members, veterans, first generation graduates, people with disabilities, etc.).
- Demonstrate a growth mindset regarding professional development.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a form that is appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
**Current teachers applying to teach ACC campus-based, online, or concurrent enrollment CTE courses may include non-teaching occupational hours that are older than the 5- or 7-year requirement if they have the required degree (and license/certifications as listed) and a minimum of 3 years full-time teaching experience in the discipline/program or 6 years part-time teaching experience in the discipline/program.
For additional information on Faculty and Instructor qualifications refer to AP 3-10b.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience in facilitating equitable outcomes for customers, key stakeholders, or students using effective inclusive strategies.
- Demonstrate building successful professional relationships and working collaboratively with internal and external constituents and outside agencies.
- Participate and/or lead in professional organizations, committees and/or taskforces.
- Experience with remote and/or online teaching/training and experience developing courses for multiple delivery formats.
- Ability to develop well-defined assessment/evaluation objectives and high-performance standards aligned with expectations.
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- This position operates in a standard office and/or classroom environment. Constantly uses a computer and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- May be required to work out of any ACC campus location. Occasional after-hours or weekend work may be required.
- The person in this position constantly communicates with internal and external constituents and students. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports classroom and/ or laboratory equipment up to 50 lbs. Clinical assignments may require the ability to lift and/or move patients.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Advertised Salary Range
The salary range for this position is $62,280 to $75,185, commensurate with education and experience. This salary is based on 166 contract days within an academic year (August - May). The projected start date for this position is August 2022. This position will receive additional compensation, paid at the daily rate of the base faculty salary (base salary divided by 166), for the additional 26 days on top of the 166 required of faculty during the academic year. This is a full-time, 9-month, FLSA exempt position. This position has been exempted from the State Classified System. AP 3-55 provides information regarding salary placement and adjustments.
All applicants must submit:
- Detailed letter of interest (cover letter) addressing the job announcement. Please include your experiences embedding equity and inclusion in your work, see below.
- Unofficial transcripts
At ACC we seek to hire candidates that demonstrate a commitment to and experience with embedding equity and inclusion into their professional role. Please address this specifically in your cover letter explaining what diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) means to you and how you may have incorporated DEI into your current or previous professional responsibilities. Also describe your experience working with or teaching individuals from historically marginalized populations (people of color, LGBTQ+ community members, veterans, first generation graduates, people with disabilities, etc.). What did you learn from these experiences and how did this inform your work?
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates who are selected to interview will be asked to submit a completed application form and the names and contact information for three professional references. Candidates will be evaluated based on their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To apply, scroll down to the bottom of this page and click "Apply."
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
This position is open until filled with applicant review starting July 26, 2022.
At ACC, we value and uphold a commitment to a workplace that focuses on employees. Our mission is to provide innovative and responsive educational and economic opportunities in an accessible, inclusive environment that promotes success for students, employees, and the communities we serve. In addition to rewarding and meaningful work, we offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to support our employees, including:
- Strong, flexible retirement benefits including Colorado PERA's Defined Benefit Plan or Defined Contribution Plan. ACC contributes 20.95% of your salary on your behalf. Supplemental retirement plans including 401(k), 403(b) and 457 plans are also available.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and flexible savings benefits.
- Employee assistance services such as counseling, professional coaching, financial planning, and more, are available to you and members of your household at no cost through the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP)
- Generous paid time off benefits including up to 15 hours of annual leave and 10 hours sick leave per month, 10 paid holidays per year, and up to 18 hours for academic and volunteer activities.
- Tuition assistance for employees and their eligible dependents at any community college within the Colorado Community College System or CCCOnline.
- State employees are eligible to participate in BenefitHub which offers discounts for retailers and services and other benefits resources.
- Employees may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Additional information about this program can be found on the Colorado Division of Human Resources website.
- New hires for full-time positions may be eligible for a relocation assistance benefit if relocating at least 100 miles to work at ACC. Information about this can be found in AP 3-160.
Notice to all Applicants
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
- All ACC employees, except student employees, contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their earnings and do not contribute to Social Security.
- Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policy 19-60. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, familial status, veteran or military status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected class or category under applicable local, state, or federal law (also known as "civil rights laws"), in connection with employment practices or educational programs and activities (including admissions).
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campuses and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please contact the ACC Campus Police Department at 303.797.5800, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], or Room M2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120. #HEJ