Responsibilities primarily include maintaining bookkeeping and administrative records; assist in the service of customer inquiries, handle incoming and outgoing mail and perform general office assistance as appropriate and needed. Specific services provided can vary and are dependent upon the needs of the location.
Essential Job Duties:
- Receive, match, verify and process accounts payable for proper entry. May assist with cash collection and proper posting of customer accounts receivables.
- May assist the "check-in" of Route Salespeople to verify receipt of signed invoices and proper payment of C.O.D. invoices.
- Research items returned for credit by customers. Handle customer requests for invoice copies.
- Insure proper filing of invoices and administrative paperwork on a daily basis.
- "Key" off statements, so as to track invoices that may be missing from files, or misapplied to customer accounts.
- Set up new accounts, verifying client data and proper billing information, including resale tax information.
- In coordination with Human Resources, may provide assistance at location level with general HR related inquiries, such as benefits, payroll, workers comp claims, FMLA, etc.
- May manage general services, including purchasing of office supplies, mail distribution, office equipment maintenance and repair, facility related issues.
- May implement and maintain general office systems, procedures and methods in regards to record retention, administration of budgets and/or expenses, office equipment inventory.
- May provide data and information reporting to management.
- May serve as lead to office staff.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.