We are looking for Full time or part time pantry assembly workers
The Pantry Assembly Worker prepares cold and side items for either home delivered Meals on Wheels or the Dining Center Programs. Produces quality food items as appropriate in approved menus according to agency standards and procedures. Assures accurate portioning and packaging of food items for delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sets up hot meal assembly line and participates in daily meal assembly.
• Reviews daily home delivered or dining center meal count sheets and verifies accuracy for packaging and delivery of meals.
• Sets up for bagging and portioning of cold food and side items, efficiently and correctly prepares and packages proper amounts of foods for distribution.
• Complies with all Health Department and Volunteers of America policies and guidelines under supervision of Project Manager.
• Produces items of excellent taste, quality, appearance, texture and client satisfaction as specified by approved menus in accordance with Agency standards and procedures.
• Requisitions food and supplies from warehouse as needed for daily meal preparation and packaging.
• Maintains a clean, safe, organized work area following rules of food service sanitation, handling, storage, and clean up.
• Attends all Agency meetings and trainings as required.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Models core culture attributes of Volunteers of America-Colorado Branch that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect, and Service)
• Models and pursues with vigor Volunteers of America Colorado Branch three critical virtues of HHS. (Hungry, Humble, People Smart)
• Occasional temporary laborers
• Occasional kitchen volunteers