The Role: Paralegal
Grade: 8 (relevant for internal applicants only)
The Location: Centennial, Colorado or New York, NY. Other locations may be considered.
S&P Global Market Intelligence (SPGMI), a division of S&P Global Inc., provides financial information and analytical products and services, such as web-based platforms, data feeds and software, is a $1.7 billion revenue division of S&P Global Inc. The Paralegal will be a member of the SPGMI legal department, which is comprised of attorneys and non-attorney professionals who support the division's commercial organization, product development/technology functions and business management/leadership.
The Paralegal is tasked with responding to internal client inquiries, providing substantive legal support to attorneys and non-attorney contract negotiators along with some administrative tasks, training the commercial organization on legal and contracting procedures, negotiating certain standard commercial agreements such as NDAs and Trial Agreements, as well as assisting with special projects such as research, process review and innovation, and information review and analysis.
What's In It For You?
You will work in a dynamic, client-facing (both internal and external) environment and will have the opportunity to work independently and be part of a legal team that provides crucial support to the organization.
Provide administrative and substantive legal support to attorneys and contract negotiators, including assistance with drafting legal correspondence, agreements and other legal documents.
Train internal clients on commercial team as to internal licensing procedures and systems.
Respond to legal support requests from internal business clients, including requests to assist with RFP/RFI/RFQs/corporate documents.
Navigate contracts database and other internal systems to track and obtain information on SPGMI's contractual relationships.
Participate in and/or lead special projects, including due diligence activities related to acquisitions and divestitures, legal research, data compilation, and analysis.
What We're Looking For:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: people-oriented, collegial, and comfortable with frequent client-facing interactions (via e-mail, phone, and in-person).
- Strong verbal/written communication and business writing/legal drafting abilities.
- Project management experience.
- Comfortable working independently but with ability to identify issues and escalate accordingly.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily
- Highly-organized with ability to efficiently multitask and prioritize work for several simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Capacity to simultaneously manage multiple priorities.
- College degree and at least three years of related experience.
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Prior paralegal or business/legal affairs department experience.
- Solid working knowledge of contractual and intellectual property issues.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM applications.
- Experience drafting and negotiating basic commercial agreements, such as NDAs, trial agreements, and simple licensing agreements.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $48,200 to $95,825. Final base salary for this role will be based on the individual's geographical location as well as experience and qualifications for the role.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://spgbenefits.com/benefit-summaries/us
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), LGLLGL203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 275304
Posted On: 2022-07-31
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States