Fast-growing law firm is searching for a Patent Prosecution Paralegal with both foreign and domestic filing experience. If you thrive in a fast-paced prosecution team, where you are working with multiple clients and attorneys, and if you are technology savvy, a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills, we would enjoy hearing from you. The Paralegal will assist the attorneys and patent agents in all aspects of patent prosecution work with a primary focus on filing with PCT and working with foreign associates.
- Coordinate IDS preparation and tracking of references.
- Review the Notice of Allowance prior to payment of issue fees.
- Assist in preparation of formal documents, certificates of correction and corrected filing receipts.
- File individual actions as needed.
- Report to client.
- Foreign Filings
- Communicate and coordinate with foreign counsel for all filings.
- Prepare and file Information Disclosure Statements (IDS).
- Ensure responses are correctly completed in a timely manner.
- Handle filings with USPTO via e-filing (EFS web), WIPO, and some EPO
- Report to client and maintain correspondence.
- Docketing & Intake
- Communicate with our docketing team to ensure individual attorney dockets are updated.
- Participate in the processing of client intakes and transfer-out projects.
- Prepare status reports and other client-requested reports/tasks.
- Assist in the performance of prior art searches and reports related to due diligence and clearance studies.
- At least 3-5 years of proven patent prosecution experience required.
- Must be knowledgeable in USPTO, foreign filing processes, and PCT.
- Experience with Foundation IP is preferred.
- Ability to manage a multitude of tasks simultaneously and work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- College degree, paralegal certification, or equivalent experience.
If you are interested in this Patent Paralegal job in Denver, please apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.