EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COMMITMENT TO PAY EQUITY: Mental Health Center of Denver is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
NEW HIRE SALARY: $20.00 - $25.00/hr
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform a variety of duties that will not only teach the intern invaluable skills, but will also prepare the intern for a career as a Pharmacist in a professional environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares pharmaceutical preparations, labels and fills bottles with prescribed tablets and capsules.
- Enters prescription information into pharmacy computer system.
- Assists Pharmacist to prepare and dispense medication.
- Assists in maintaining inventory records.
- Maintains records of medication and equipment dispensed to patient, computes charges, and enters data into computer.
- Cleans equipment and glassware according to prescribed methods.
- Maintains daily pharmacy records, as directed.
- Answers telephones, handles patient transactions and stocks inventory in the pharmacy.
- Works closely with Pharmacy Technicians.
- Communicates with customers and answers questions regarding prescriptions, drug information or health matters under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Assists in keeping accurate patient records to avoid harmful drug interaction.
- May establish and maintain patient profiles, and prepare insurance claim forms.
- Insures that the pharmacy and equipment is kept neat and clean, helps with the maintenance of equipment and supplies, and manages the cash register.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Pharmacist.
EDUCATION: Current student in accredited School of Pharmacy. Active Colorado Pharmacy Intern License in good standing.
EXPERIENCE: Previous pharmacy experience desirable, but not required.
SKILLS: Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices. Good communication skills. Must have computer skills.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, fax machines, calculators, telephone, Parata MAX, and other office and/or clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending, reaching, and some lifting. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, the telephone, and other office and/or clerical equipment.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS: Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
WORKING CONDITIONS: PRN Position