20200347 POLICE RECRUIT
CLOSING DATE: February 1, 2021
APPLY ONLINE AT LONGMONTCOLORADO.GOV/JOBS
Department: Public Safety
Division: Police Services
2021 Starting Pay: $5,442/month
Lateral Pay: $5,869 - $7,576 per month DOQ
Regular Full Time – SHIFT WORK REQUIRED
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, 401 Money Purchase Plan, FPPA, Term Life & AD&D, Long Term Disability, Bereavement, Jury & Witness Duty, FMLA, Military Leave, Sick, Vacation, Holiday pay, EAP, Tuition Assistance.
Other benefits: Optional, employee elected, voluntary benefits are available.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: Police personnel work with community members to analyze crime and other problems and attend/participate in community meetings to create an environment in which community members are motivated to assist in the implementation of problem solving strategies. New police officers will be assigned to the Patrol Services Division which provides around-the-clock patrols to deter and detect crime, enforce traffic laws, and conduct investigations of crime and traffic incidents. Officers are assigned to a designated area on one of four overlapping watches to ensure continuous coverage of the City. Hours and days off will vary depending on shift assignment.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
· At least 21 years old at time of application.
· High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 60 semester hours college-level credit at a Department of Education accredited institution is required for those with no previous qualifying experience.
· No felony conviction(s) or conviction(s) classified as de-certifying misdemeanors by Colorado POST.
· Physical ability to perform essential job functions.
· Possession of a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
· Authorized to work in the United States.
Education requirements may be waived for individuals who have qualifying experience as follows:
· Sworn Patrol or Investigative experience OR Colorado POST certified full-time paid civilian corrections officer experience in a County Jail, Federal Prison or State Prison.
· Experience credits are given only for full years of experience.
o 2 yrs experience credit = 30 hours college credit
o 3 yrs experience credit = 45 hours college credit
o 4 yrs experience credit = 60 hours college credit
· Active Duty Military experience may substitute 10 credit hours for every full year of service. ACE credits will also be considered.
Spanish/English bilingual skills are desirable. Supplemental pay of $25-$100/mo is available for non-probationary employees with bilingual skills demonstrated through testing.
Selection process includes application review, written exam, physical ability course, assessment center, oral & integrity interviews, background investigation including credit history, psychological & polygraph tests, and medical exam and drug screen. New employees will be required to sign an employment agreement for reimbursement of expenses if voluntary resignation occurs within 2 years of hire date.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Police Officer Online application (required) must be successfully submitted by 11:59 p.m. on February 1, 2021. An online application process is available for this position on our website at www.longmontcolorado.gov/jobs . For information regarding this selection process contact Master Police Officer Randy Lucero at 303-651-8921 or Master Police Officer Darren Bloom at 303-651-8512. Test dates are posted on the police website – you must be available for testing and dates are non-negotiable.