Come join the world's largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world's energy future.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Pre-Operations Manager will lead the daily pre-operations activities with Owners, Local Contractors, RES Construction, RES Asset Management, or any other person or entity required, to move projects from Construction Phase to Operational Phase for RES Americas Asset Management, to include Wind, Solar and Energy Storage Facilities. You will be directed by V.P. Operations, Directors, and other RAAM team members, to work with Construction, Regulatory Compliance, SCADA, Data Collection teams and Owners through onsite visits and regular occurring meetings, to achieve the planned business objective.
You will manage, conduct activities and work with different teams in an office or field environment to ensure successful contractual compliance for RES, including commissioning, successful operation, and facility control. You will ensure regulatory compliance, safety, environmental and required documentation of the assigned facilities are met, while providing professional guidance to teams, contractors, regulatory entities, and other related parties, to ensure the successful transition of RES operational sites.
Anticipated base salary range: $115,000 - $145,000
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. You will be bonus eligible.
Location: Broomfield, Colorado. May consider remote-based candidates.
- Manage the facility onboarding process, to ensure safe and reliable operation and maintenance of the generation asset, observing agreed contracts, construction contracts, operating plans and budgets.
- Manage teams, owners, contractors, and subcontractors while performing at a high level.
- Monitor and manipulate SCADA programs, to ensure plant production, identify faults and reset facilities.
- Ensure facility repairs and restarts after plant outages or equipment faults during the transitional phase.
- Coordinate and comply with Owners, off-takers and transmission provider regarding the grid, production, contractual, regulatory and outage issues during the transitional phase.
- Manage self and team to coordinate and troubleshoot commissioning activities, including; AC, DC, Networks, Communications, Inverters, Solar Arrays, Wind Turbines and Energy Storage systems, commonly found in a utility scale renewable energy project.
- Understand electrical testing and diagnostics for both AC and DC systems and collection and substations.
- Use RES Asset Management tools to create regular periodic reports and in-depth analysis.
- Can interpret and negotiate complicated contracts for contractors, off-takers, owners and partners of utility scale renewable energy facilities.
- Work with RES Asset Management and procurement to acquire goods and services for renewable energy facilities.
- Be available on a 24/7 basis to occasionally respond to urgent transitional issues.
- Manage contractor performance, safety, and quality.
- Manage and assist with NERC compliance documentation, during transitional phase, with Owners, Site managers contractors and RES Asset Management.
- Understand and comply with Monthly, Annual and all periodic reporting to RES, clients, regulatory agencies, owners, landowner, off-taker, community, authorities, and other partners during the transitory period.
- Understand and Develop, while working with Asset Management and Safety, operational procedures, and work instructions JSA and HSQE procedures.
- Manage tracking of failures, alarms, downtime, maintenance and repairs, plant status and trends, and HSQE issues during the transitional process.
- Use and direct others to use a CMMS system for maintenance tracking, SCADA and other software control and diagnostic systems.
- Maintain databases of faults and maintenance/performance issues during the transitional process.
- Alert the V.P, Director, Asset Managers and RES Engineers of commissioning challenges, delays, emerging faults, failed testing, missing equipment or spares, retrofits, design changes and any issue that may arise to delay the successful transition into Operational phase.
- Identify and appraise commissioning improvement opportunities.
- Report current safety, production and environmental issues.
- Follow safety and security procedures and determine appropriate action.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions immediately.
- Lead regular weekly meetings.
- Work with V.P., Director, Site Managers, Asset Managers, Accounting and Finance to develop budgets.
- Advise the V.P., Director, Site Manager and Asset Manager of short to medium term forecasted costs and changes in expected budgets.
- Review invoices and costs charged to the assets are correct.
- Work with AP to ensure prompt and correct payments are made.
- Work with Accounting representative to ensure invoices and time are coded correctly.
- Approve timesheet information and allocation.
- Establish quality relationships with teammates, clients, owners, landowner, community, local authority, and other partners.
- Provide relief management or operational support.
- Perform any other tasks as directed by management.
- Understanding of network equipment
- Advanced Spreadsheet and record keeping skills
- Experience with Leadership
- Understanding of Substations, AC and DC collection
- Basic electrical (low voltage) and switching (high voltage) experience
- Ability to lift fifty pounds
- Bachelor, Associates Degree, or equivalent experience, in renewable related field. (equivalent is 5 years of experience).
- Office-based management experience
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Basic mechanical skills
- First Aid and CPR
- Site construction, commissioning, or operational experience
- Certifications in OSHA, crane safety or HV
- Great career advancement opportunities
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K + employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Paid time off
- Paid sabbatical
- Paid parental leave
- Progressive leadership
- Fitness center membership
- Tuition reimbursement
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those you encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Perform office tasks with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. You may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Perform site inspections and guidance, driving, long periods of standing, walking long distance on local terrain will be required.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. You must pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.