Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Electrification business offers a wide-ranging portfolio of products, digital solutions and services, from substation to socket, enabling safe, smart and sustainable electrification. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and operational safety.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose
As a Pricing Specialist you will be responsible for playing an integral part in the implementation of ABB Electrification pricing policies and daily operations through price negotiations with product management and the commercial sales team covering Smart Building (SB) and Smart Power (SP) product portfolio. You will have direct impact on profitability and NPV (Net Present Value) through strategic pricing and making effective business decisions.
- Strategically review and approve regional standards and special pricing agreements utilizing trade area data, market & channel impact, product line strategy, price and profitability
- Analyze volume/price/mix/share interactions by trade area, customer, product line, agreement type, regions, Sales Account Managers
- SPA evaluation; optimization and approval (within DOA) working with Sales, PM to maximize volume, margin and price
- Proactively review and manage issues / risks associated with standards and agreements established
- Train/consult sales and region leaders on how to improve and make profitable pricing decisions
- Establish/maintain regular operating rhythm with commercial leadership and product management
- Drive product line maintenance with product managers
- Coordinate system moves and impacts to pricing agreements with the core systems team
- Drive standardization of processes across regions and product lines
- Actively support to Customer Service Team related to price blocks, price disputes and other price queries
- Implement and monitor price increase “stickiness.”
- Support the team’s efforts to document pricing strategies, processes and market feedback
- Use business tools to analyze opportunities to improve price performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering, or Finance/Accounting is required with a minimum of 2 years of experience in pricing analytics and quotation management in the electrical distribution industry
- Strong knowledge in ABB-EL Industrial Solutions products and tools is preferred
- Sharp analytical skills required with ability to solve business problems proactively, and creatively
- Strong relationship builder and assertive, good facilitation and influencing skills
- Ability to create models that provides “what if” capabilities and drive innovative ideas
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.