At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
High-level job responsibilities:
You will lead the solution design and translate the 5G IP network requirements into technical tracks (conceptualize, plan, Implementation Strategy, LLD/HLD)
- You will be a trusted Advisor in your area of expertise, to the other layers of the 5G network by understanding network requirements, identifying risks and proposing mitigation plans.
- Creatively advocate current and new technologies solutions relevant to Dish 5G next generation network.
- You will conduct technical presentations, showcase solutions, set up demonstrations and explain features and benefits of the solutions architectured in the areas of: Routing, switching, Automation/Orchestration, assurance, virtualization, SDN, Optical, Data Center and Security.
- You will have a proven record with vendor management to achieve architecture, team, and company milestones.
- In addition to having a strong technical background you will need to have the ability to learn and keep up to date on networking and software enablement, API’s, Network Programmability and Virtualization/NFVI.
- You will work with a wide variety of technologies and will therefore need strong team working and consultative skills and capacities to effectively develop and architect solutions.
- You are able to juggle between been, individual contributor, active community participants, mentor others and maintain a knowledge transfer plan for large sophisticated project delivery and/or activities.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Skills and experience
- 15+ years of related SP experience,
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge in Routing, switching, Access, Automation, Orchestration, Data Center Technologies (CCIE preferred)
- Advance knowledge of the Service Provider architecture, keeping updated on products and solutions.
- Knowledge in Software Defined Networking and Programmability
- Knowledge of 5G network design.
- Proven record of architecture accomplishment in working with large mobile network providers.
- Excellent technical consulting skills, including ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions, and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment.
- Experience with development, operations, or support of a production cloud service.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Technical leadership in multi-disciplinary project or program teams, as per complexity.
- Receive minimal instructions on routine work, general instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Provide mentorship and training to new engineers and architects within their team.
- Experience with cloud native software defined networks in the context of voice and IMS solutions deployed on a 5G Network.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, with strict deadlines, both as an individual contributor and team player.
Compensation: $119,200.00/Year - $177,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.