About this role:
Wells Fargo is hiring for multiple openings for Principal Systems Architects. These Principal Systems Architects will design the target state architecture for solutions in Consumer Technology such as Small Business Lending, Auto Lending, Consumer Servicing, and Lending Originations . These positions will work closely with the Engineering and Business teams across Consumer Technology and the enterprise Chief Technology Office (CTO).
In this role, you will:
- Act as advisors to leadership to develop or influence applications, network, information security, database, operating systems, or web technologies for highly complex business and technical needs across multiple groups
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges requiring in-depth evaluation across multiple areas or the enterprise, delivering solutions that are long-term, large-scale and require vision, creativity, innovation, advanced analytical and inductive thinking
- Translate advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions
- Provide vision, direction and expertise to leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations or provide a competitive advantage to the organization
- Strategically engage with all levels of professionals and managers across the enterprise and serve as an expert advisor to leadership
- Establish and drive target state architecture for Credit Card products
- Define the target state architecture vision with forward looking Architecture principals and modern technology
- Based on understanding of current state architecture, define an architecture roadmap to realize target state
- Rationalize applications and domains in Credit Card solutions with Consumer Lending and Enterprise solutions
- Adapt to and influence Consumer Lending and Enterprise technology strategies
- Contribute to Consumer Lending SRE strategy and ensure that architecture patterns and frameworks uphold it
- Drive efforts to ensure resiliency, fault tolerance, and performance of Credit Card solutions.
- Contribute to NFR requirements and drive strategies to uphold NFR's through automation and frameworks
- Evaluate cost efficiency of the new platforms in how we develop and support software.
- Stay abreast of technology innovations and industry best practices and apply to Credit Card solutions where valuable
- Collaborate with firm-wide security team on evolving security patterns utilized in Credit Card solutions.
- Transform the Architecture practice
- 7+ years of Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 7+ years of architectural design and planning experience
- 5+ years of experience creating strategy
- Experience in one or a combination of the following: systems, applications, or architecture planning
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of applications technology management role including managing applications development and support for multiple systems and business functions
- Ability to identify key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions, obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution
- Ability to be proactive, innovative and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs
- Experience with a customer service mindset and a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively assess stakeholder, partner, or client needs while consulting, building solutions, and developing processes
- Experience consulting, influencing and partnering with business executives, leadership, human resources partners and peers
- Knowledge and understanding of home lending or consumer lending
- Financial services industry experience
- Experience with PCF/Tanzu or other cloud computing technologies
- Extensive technical skills and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of an entire line of business or infrastructure sub-domain
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
$144,400.00 - $300,000.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.