Are you a bold thinker? We dream big at Sierra Nevada Corporation—advocating the exploration of space, keeping service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. Join our team!
This position is for a Principle Systems Engineer with a focus on Space Mission Engineering within the ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to research, architect, model, simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge products and services. You'll be developing complex system architectures within contextual modeling platforms, ushering them from operational concept through preliminary and detailed design, simulation, and test using progressive tools. As a cross-functional engineer, you are in charge of system-level ownership of new products and processes through the product lifecycle.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations – with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
The Space Mission Engineer is responsible for space systems architecture as it relates to constellation and spacecraft concepts of operation, integrating mission requirements into the systems architecture, evaluating capabilities and interfaces through the entire project and program life cycle on an exciting and innovative complex space constellation and ground system during a concept refinement effort.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in System Engineering or related discipline and typically 14 or more years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Progressive experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Willingness to work on a small team performing complex engineering design evaluations for a diverse mission where everyone’s input matters
- Thorough understanding of systems engineering principles and an understanding for how to derive mission and system requirements from Modeling and Simulation results
- Demonstrated experience in developing and analyzing mission concepts, including space, launch, and ground components
- Superb presentation skills with documented presentation experience to senior decision making and technical audiences
- Ability to understand the total system viewpoint and work with other engineers to develop system level solutions.
- Desire for new challenges, to be on the ground floor of an exciting capability for our nation, and to be part of the initial cadre developing a new multi-domain system
- An active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance with SAP and SCI eligibility required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Masters of Science degree in Engineering, Physics or related discipline and typically 10 or more years of relevant aerospace experience
- Experience with requirements management and system modeling tools, such as SysML, Cameo Enterprise Architect, Teamwork Cloud, DOORS, Unified Architecture Framework
- Experience in developing and analyzing mission concepts for spacecraft constellations
- Experience with DoD Concepts of Operation and Joint Planning for space systems.
- Experience with space control mission area
This position requires current/active Top Secret with SAP and SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $154,786.56 - $212,831.52
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.