EmployBridge Search Group is currently recruiting for a Product Mechanical Design Engineer in the Louisville, CO area. The Product Design Engineer works with the Project Engineers and Industrial Designers within the product design group as part of a team devoted to bringing new, innovative products to market within the company's growing product portfolio dedicated to consumer products. Assigned projects require a comprehensive and demonstrated understanding of the polymeric, ferrous, and non-ferrous material selection and usage, mechanism design, kinematic analysis, and strength of material analysis as it corresponds to the refinement of industrial and mechanical-related designs.
The primary duties and responsibilities associated with this position include but are not limited to conceptualizing engineered product designs based on product definition worksheets; testing of preliminary prototypes to validate initial engineering concepts; design for manufacturing; design revision of tooled components; working with industrial designers to validate functionality and strength of materials; identification and resolution of engineering problems around specific product design needs; verification of final production product to design intent; participation in continuous improvement initiatives of the design and testing processes.
- Working within the Design Team to advise on core engineering aspects during the development of new products
- Reviewing and analyzing engineering designs for functionality, durability, and manufacturability
- Reviewing engineering documentation for completeness and clarity
- Assisting designers with design concepts to meet new product specifications, and providing recommendations to optimize designs
- Working closely with the Data Management group to produce the project's technical data package ("TDP") including establishing Bills of Material and critical design components tolerances
- Developing and conducting lab experiments to validate designs
- Evaluating and qualifying prototypes, first-article samples, new suppliers, and manufacturing processes
- Advising on assembly tooling and fixtures
- Working closely with the manufacturing group to facilitate the transition of new products from design into manufacturing
- Promote company foundations and enforce internal policies, procedures, goals, objectives, and good design and manufacturing practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel: up to 10%; both international and domestic
- BS Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college
- Applied Design Engineering with 5+ years experience with plastics.
- Proven track record of a consumer product or related design experience with extreme attention to detail
- Previous design experience of polymer-based consumer products is essential
- Experience in mechanism and mechanical system design, strong kinematic proficiency, and demonstrable mechanical aptitude required
- Specialized knowledge of plastic injection molding technologies ideal; fundamental knowledge of machining, stamping, casting, and/or other manufacturing processes required.
- Must be proficient with solid modeling and finite element analysis (CAD, CAE, FEA) software packages; Solid Works and COSMOS knowledge is preferable
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and correct mechanical drawings including Geometric Dimension & Tolerancing ("GD&T") and related engineering specifications
- Must be proficient in learning new concepts while working in a highly dynamic environment; able to seamlessly work across boundaries and interact with management, factory personnel, other engineers, suppliers, and customers
- Familiarity with relevant analytical software packages desirable (Moldflow, Cimatron, Adams Dynamic Simulation, CETOL, etc.)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Solid works 2019 or later; advanced user-preferred (surfacing, multi-body modeling, complex assemblies, mechanism layout)