LOCATION: Commerce City, Colorado (US-CO)
JOB NUMBER: 41321
Why you should join us:
Supporting our people. Caring for our communities. Living our purpose.
With our operations declared an essential service, we are continuing to operate and are looking to fill business-critical roles at this time. We require qualified and safety-focused employees to help keep things running. In terms of our current recruitment process, we’re doing things a bit differently to adjust to our new ‘normal.’ We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation.
We are bolstered by the unity across our community and the solidarity across the world. We continue to encourage you to support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
Do you enjoy influencing important system decisions and utilizing your innovative thinking capabilities? If you are a strong problem solver and interested in becoming our next Systems Specialist, then we have the role for you! You will be a key member of the Commerce City Refinery team with a strong focus on the design and maintenance of Process Automation and Operational Excellence systems and applications residing on the Plant Information Networks (PIN).
You will use your expertise to:
- Provide day-to-day support of Refinery Production Execution System applications spanning all refinery functional groups including OSI-PI, lab systems, IntelaTrac, XHQ, TRACE, AMS, ACM, Factory Talk, Bentley Nevada, Etap, etc.
- Ensure our policies and standard practices are followed while coordinating activities and initiatives between Process Automation and Corporate IT groups to ensure efficient, reliable, and secure Process Controls and Business network interfaces
- Provide backup support to the Automations Systems and Network Administrator and the associated infrastructure
- Oversee systems upgrades to ensure vendor or associated capital projects support
- Coordinate Corporate IT resources and / or external contractors to manage infrastructure support
- Support the development of long-range plans for Production Execution applications and infrastructure reliability
- Manage the execution of long-term projects with a focus on meeting or exceeding customer expectations
- Perform application testing associated with Corporate initiatives
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Five years of automation systems and applications support experience in a refinery or petrochemical environment
- A post-secondary education in Chemical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent education
- Hands on experience with communication protocols, firewall administration, switch configuration, operating systems, and advance programming/scripting concepts
- A solid understanding of refinery business processes and how Process Automation applications provide support
- Strong communication, problem solving, decision making and organizations skills
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Working understanding of wireless technology and its application and usage
- Experience with Cyber-Security
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Commerce City Refinery Business Center, located at 5455 Brighton Blvd.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
- Able to work with minimal supervision as well as providing on-call support during off hours
- This position is safety sensitive
- Relocation support will be provided
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job that will fit your life - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Work/Life Balance
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
For more information on a career in Denver, click here.
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy (U.S.A.) Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Suncor Energy Inc., an integrated energy company based in Calgary, Canada. We want you to have rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
Suncor’s downstream business operates four refineries including the Commerce City refinery, the only petroleum refinery in the area and one of the largest in the Rocky Mountain region.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Colorado’s only refinery - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineering