The Production Scheduler is responsible for scheduling all production orders received on the appropriate equipment to meet the customer required due date. This position will work closely with inside sales and other departments to resolve scheduling issues while maintaining efficient production flow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules all orders on appropriate manufacturing equipment and issue schedules as required
- Verify that all raw material is available and report any material issues to the Production Manager,
- Monitor production performance daily to ensure quality and productivity standards are met
- Analyze and report production backlog or any production capacity conditions
- Assist Production Manager with data collection for daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Provide accurate daily production data to the Production Manager
- Maintain Metal Sales 5S standards in the office and make recommendations for shop floor
- Actively pursues continuous process improvements to minimize any operating overhead
- Able to learn and fill in at any position in operations as needed
- Performs other assignments as necessary or as directed
- High school diploma and / or GED
- One year of experience in a manufacturing environment
- The ability to help improve current procedures and knowledge of Eclipse and/or Netsuite operating system is a strong plus.
- Excellent math skills with the ability
- Verbal, written, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications
The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to computer screens using keyboard functions and other hand usage.
**The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.