Program Manager - Vegetation Management Job
Location(s): CO - Denver; CO - Arvada; CO - Henderson; CO - Lakewood
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Responsible for the effective and efficient use of Vegetation Management (VM) contractor resources with emphasis on safety, customer satisfaction, quality improvement and regulatory compliance. Coordinates VM operations (distribution & transmission line clearance, landscape maintenance & irrigation, weed abatement, right-of-way mowing and overheads safety inspection) for company owned facilities and ancillary programs such as the wood pole inspection & treatment program. Serves as liaison between Field Operations (CO&M & Engineering), Retail Services, Energy Supply, Environmental, Shared Services (Corporate Facilities), Risk Management (Claims), external customers, governmental agencies and VM contractor management/supervision. Responsible for accountabilities as assigned by VM's Daily Management structure.
- Assists in the development of the asset management strategy and annual Book of Work for the assigned geographic area. Identifies work based on information from company systems, databases and field estimates. Negotiates annual performance targets with VM management, Asset Management and VM contractors (SAIFI, tree-related events, budgetary, cost per unit, safety, regulatory compliance, guideline compliance, customer satisfaction, etc.). Works closely with contractor management/supervision to identify "best-value" crew complement and special maintenance requirements.
- Performs day-to-day contract administration. Field checks/audits VM contractor work (productivity, safety, quality of work, customer relations, etc.). Reviews and approves contractor time and activity reports. Approves various timesheet and invoicing documents. Performs root cause analysis of tree related outages. Monitors expenditures (from $2-$6 Million) relative to budget. Reviews monthly scorecards and productivity reports. Conducts quarterly plan, do, check, act (PDCA) meetings with contractor management/supervision.
- Coordinates the execution of work for electric circuit/ROW and facility maintenance and inspection within geographic and functional areas of responsibility while driving the achievement of all established targets and performance measures. Coordinates emergency storm work as needed on a 24/7 basis. Coordinates with contractors and Design to review distribution and transmission construction jobs requiring tree work and communicates changes to appropriate personnel. Coordinates the performance of "safety zone clearances" for commercial arborists and customers as well as permitting, barricading, and various contractor and customer arrangements.
- Enters various field data into Company systems in a timely and accurate manner. Assists in developing department responses to internal/external information requests.
- Communicates with appropriate personnel (internal and external) regarding maintenance plans, customer complaints, refusals, inquiries and damage claims.
- Works closely with Federal, State and local Government agencies on as needed basis. Notifies municipalities of annual circuit maintenance and maintains communication with appropriate municipality personnel.
- Participates on daily management and problem solving teams.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years experience in utility vegetation management operations
- Associate's degree in Forestry, Arboriculture (3 years related experience may substitute for the degree)
- International Society of Arboriculture Arborists Certification and/or Certified Applicator pesticide license
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; CO - Arvada; CO - Henderson; CO - Lakewood || United States (US) || Operations || 64520:Veg Mgmt PSCO || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $66,000 to $94,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 47030
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
EEO is the Law | EEO is the Law Supplement | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination | Equal Opportunity Policy (PDF) | Employee Rights (PDF)
Xcel Energy endeavors to make www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Our Values: One Team Powered by Many