Responsible for leading all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and serves as the main point of contact for those projects. Takes projects end to end from original concept through final implementation. Monitors and drives project performance by implementing project management best practices. This position will support the Network Operations Provisioning Application Provisioning Team with the project management and release management area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Release Management
- Working with Development and Deployment teams for prioritization, scheduling and deployment of changes to production environments
- Planning and executing major releases
- Manage internal release communications to all release stakeholders
- Conduct Release Readiness , Milestone , and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Creating Change request in remedy and working with change management team for approvals
- Hosting Stand up with deployment teams
- Supporting deployments over-night and on weekends (if needed)
- Incident Management
- Hosting weekly stand up for incident review with leads, drive root cause discussions, come up with incident prevention plan
- Prepare and distribute project progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned project.
- Coordinating with other Project Managers, internal and external Stakeholders.
- Ensure and accountable for on-time execution and excellence of projects
- Responsible for handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Preparing weekly and monthly status reports.
- Soft skills needed - Persuasive, Action oriented, Attention to details, multitasking
- Project Planning and Management
- Define project scope and schedule
- Organize and lead project status and working meetings
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of IT experience
- At least five (5) years in Incident, Release Management, and IT project management
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Desired experience in managing network infrastructure based projects
- Good Knowledge of tools for project management (Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet, Microsoft office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
- Organized, self-starter with a natural inclination for planning; Should not need day to day oversight
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and adhoc technical environment
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong written skills
- Experience managing Telecom projects is a plus
- Familiarity with Remedy is desired but not required.
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum preferred
#LI-AK KEN300 301712 301712BR
Here, employees don’t just have jobs, they build careers. That’s why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $76,800.00 to $135,800.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.