Our Denver Division is seeking a Purchasing Manager to join the team! This role assists in determining the direction of the Purchasing department and ensures all purchasing actions are in support of divisional goals and business plan needs. This position directs all PA's within the team and ensures alignment with purchasing agent duties and responsibilities. This position makes decisions based upon the efficient and effective operation of their position. They are involved in department and job level decisions. This role will report into the VP of Purchasing.
- Ensure that all purchasing actions meet Meritage Homes policies and procedure requirements and are aligned with company ethics guidelines
- Understand and ensure all internal purchasing audit requirements are met. Make sure that all purchasing actions related to audits are regularly checked to ensure your work is "audit-ready" every day
- Align trade partner requirements with divisional business plan requirements
- Have a clear understanding of all trade partner capabilities and ensure all are prepared for future growth and business plan expectations.
- Be proactive in conveying business plan needs to trade partners to ensure an efficient, well trained trade base
- Incorporate regular field time into your schedule to better understand trade performance and opportunities to affect change
- Work with SCI, construction and customer care to manage trade partner performance ensuring the best "total" costs considering costs related to quality, productivity and service
- Resolve contract issues with trade partners
- Work with centralized purchasing to bid all new communities on-line
- Validate that architectural plans are accurate and reflect most current specifications
- Guarantee that all documentation required for an effective bid are received in a timely manner to support community opening guidelines
- Ensure scopes of work are updated on a quarterly basis
- Drive the bidding process to ensure all costs are negotiated to be cost effective, all-inclusive and timely
- Ensure that all new communities are properly prepared for bid, that bidding is completed and correctly set up in the system prior to starting any production homes.
- Work with centralized purchasing through Hyphen Bid-Connect platform to procure bids from trade partners
- Ensure alignment with all centralized purchasing initiatives
Product and Budget Related
- Ensure all price changes are properly approved prior to implementation
- Oversee contracting process to ensure all vendors meet company mandates
- Develop an effective monthly process to validate that all base costs are current and entered correctly into the system
- Ensure that all option costs are entered properly and option pricing meets company guidelines
- Ensure all options have all trades attached so that option margins accurately company guidelines
- Drive value-engineering efforts to ensure the most cost effective product. Provide recommendations to reduce costs
- Work with National team to maximize rebate collection. Make every effort to incorporate nationally contracted products into base and option offerings
- Gain understanding of current and future business needs to ensure the purchasing team is able to provide the support needed to meet business plan needs
- Ensure all purchasing coordinators and agents are training in all facets of their job
- Make sure the purchasing staff has clear understanding of how their work fits within the organization and how they add value
Base Salary (depending on experience): $95,000.00-$105,000.00
- High school diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+years of construction purchasing and estimating experience in the homebuilding industry required.
- Management experience leading people highly preferred.
- Experience with JD-Edwards, E1 or equivalent, is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and other construction documents.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Ability to explain complex issues in a manner easily understood by industry personnel and customers with limited knowledge of construction processes or terminology.
- Ability to work with contractors, laborers, employees at all levels, and customers with a high degree of professionalism.
- Good problem/conflict resolution skills with the ability to influence others and manage conflict in a positive manner.
- Good leadership skills; ability to set priorities, and manage projects through all phases of completion.
Are you looking for an incredible career opportunity? Then Meritage Homes is the place for you! From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we believe in quality. Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR® Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are excited about furthering their careers, as well as being a part of an organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives. With over 100,000 homes built, Meritage Homes is looking for professionals who are self-starters and want to help our organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where very individual is considered a vital asset
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best