The premier resource for the design and manufacture of engineered metal products.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Tyler Danner
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
We are a manufacturer of engineered metal products in business for 30+ years.
Why join us?
We are an experienced supplier with the ability to provide a turnkey product that is of higher quality and best overall value on spec, on budget and on time. We are thorough when quoting, innovative when designing and competent when manufacturing. We are able to assist at the earliest stages of development where ingenuity and time are critical.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for effective management of department personnel as well as establishing, maintaining and ensuring the overall effective implementation of the company`s nuclear Quality Assurance Program. This includes:
- Making sound decisions based on an understanding of both quality requirements/objectives and operations goals/needs
- Communicating and interacting effectively with personnel at all levels on a daily basis
- Creating a collaborative relationship with other functional groups to drive efficiencies in project development and execution
- Resolving conflicts and managing difficult, complex or time-sensitive situations
- Setting priorities and coordinating the work of others when there are competing needs
- A positive attitude and comfort with regular changes, and adapting to changing customer demands
This position entails review, understanding and application of codes, standards, specifications, procedures and other documentation which defines quality requirements. The QA Manager should have strong familiarity and understanding of all elements of a nuclear quality assurance program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish, define and implement quality assurance policies, procedures, systems and programs to efficiently and effectively support quoting, design and manufacturing activities
- Manage the Quality Department at the Westminster location in accordance with the company`s policies and applicable laws
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing quality procedures, systems and programs and make necessary modifications to eliminate waste and redundancies, and to drive efficiencies
- Identify the need for corrective action and plan, execute, and/or ensure corrective actions and nonconformance are resolved effectively
- Evaluate contracts, bids, and proposals to ensure QA Program compliance
- Estimate, budget, and plan for quality activities by project
- Evaluate the use and quality assurance capabilities of suppliers
- Review procurement documentation and establish quality flow-down requirements
- Ensure that all project quality documentation requirements are met
- Coordinate, conduct and/or participate in internal, external and customer audits
- Plan and accomplish Quality Department goals, including growth and development of personnel
- Plan, complete, and maintain personnel qualification/certification requirements
- Define and maintain company-wide personnel training requirements, including conduct training sessions and administer examinations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor`s Degree or higher level of education in Science, Engineering or Quality
- 7+ years nuclear power, DOE or nuclear manufacturing experience
- 10+ years quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 3 years being in nuclear, power, DOE or nuclear manufacturing
- 3+ years experience with technical or complex programs in the areas of document control or configuration management
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.