EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: WellPower provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: WellPower values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COMMITMENT TO PAY EQUITY: WellPower is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
BENEFITS STATEMENT: All full-time, benefits eligible employees will be eligible for WellPower's benefits plan. For a full description of benefit offerings, please visit: WellPower is a Workplace of Choice
COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious/faith-based exemption is required for employment/internships with WellPower. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated (that is, at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen) and provide proof, or have an approved medical or religious/faith-based exemption, within their first three (3) days of employment. Information on how to request an exemption will be provided at the time of offer.
STARTING SALARY: $102,595 - $120,700/yr
Oversees the company's capital projects, major renovations, and new development (multi-million dollar) activities and management of the real estate development teams project managers. Ensure projects are successfully completed on time and within budget. Develops project management policies, processes and procedures that ensure project managers successfully manage projects from start to finish. Engages and/or oversees third-party general contractors, architects, engineers, etc., engaged to perform major renovations and/or new construction. Manages and trains junior level project managers. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, orientation, and training, catalytic coaching, mentoring and disciplinary processes of the real estate development team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan and monitor appropriate project management staffing levels. Ensure efficient utilization of project managers. Manage performance, development, and training of the teams' project managers.
- Monitor performance of the project managers to ensure the project managers are meeting the Project Manager Expectations as developed for that job function.
- Assist Director with oversight of major capital projects and/or renovations, and new development projects. Coordinate with architect, general contractor, engineer, etc., starting with initial planning through project completion and end of warranty period. Regular attendance at owner, architect, and contractor (OAC) meetings. Monitor work performed by general contractors and other subcontractors/vendors.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, and approved timelines. Reports status, and variances to management and appropriate stakeholders. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Attend and represent the organization at municipal planning, city council, community, stakeholder, etc., meetings related to the real estate development projects.
- Assist Director and other real estate managers to establish annual capital budget for major repairs/replacements, and renovations. Perform walk-through inspections of all company sites to assess and determine capital needs.
- Assist Director with strategic planning for the company's real estate portfolio
- Maintain accurate and consistent files and documentation. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely, and coordinated.
- Ensure compliance with all current health and safety standards and industry codes.
- May be required to use personal cell phone to respond to work related items.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in real estate development, construction management, urban planning, architecture, business and/or finance, or a related degree and a minimum of ten years paid work experience in real estate development or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of five years supervisory/management experience.
- Project management experience with large renovation and new development projects.
- Experience with governmental entitlement and permitting process.
- Experience defining project scope, preparing, and managing budgets and schedules
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficiency with Microsoft Project a plus.
- Staff management and development
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Accountable and responsible
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Strong computer skills
- Customer service orientation
Supervise real estate teams project managers
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone, and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending, and reaching. May require lifting to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours. Work may be performed both inside and outdoors.