The contract recruiter will perform talent acquisition sourcing and progress to full cycle recruiting activities from sourcing, screening, interview scheduling, etc. in order to attract the best talent to VZ. This includes possessing intimate geographic, market and functional expertise, building relationships with sourcing leads and serving as a candidate advocate during the initial talent acquisition phase.
What you'll be doing...
- You'll help us to find great talent with the experience and potential to make a difference for our Technology customers and drive our business forward. Your approach to hiring will demonstrate our belief that people are our most important asset. The people you bring will become a part of our community of talented, driven individuals that make Verizon a great place to work.
- Partnering with managers to clarify the talent need and what success looks like.
- Locating new places and new ways to source the best people in the competitive market for talent.
- Finding and presenting the best candidates for consideration.
- Facilitating the process from beginning to a successful offer.
- Ensuring compliance with our process and standards.
What we're looking for...
You'll know how to find a broad slate of diverse talent to meet the needs of the current role and who can also grow with us. You enjoy the challenge of matching individuals to roles and helping them to see how they'll fit in and thrive at Verizon. You'll enjoy collaborating with managers to bring great talent to their teams.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Perform online research for resume and candidate profiles using job boards, social networking sites, alumnae resume books, etc.
- Source active candidates from online databases, contact lists, company ATS, and employee referrals
- Source passive candidates through networking and Internet research
- Evaluate profiles of potential candidates and perform preliminary phone screen assessments; screen candidates for technical acumen, availability, interest level, salary range, relocation needs, and basic qualifications
- Evaluate motivators of passive and active candidates, and influence candidate decision-making
- Cross reference leads found on external sources to company ATS, to get contact information and message them about VZ opportunities
- Serve as a resource to recruiter's on the team when there is a backlog of staffing activity due to volume.
- Launch job postings to job boards (i.e. monster, other external sites)
- Review and manage applicants in the ATS
- Conduct phone screens with qualified candidates, and route candidate summaries to the hiring managers and/or Lead Recruiter
- Submit, and manage, background check submissions (when applicable)
Target profile to be successful on this assignment:
- Demonstrated proficiency, and interest, in conducting internet research/sourcing
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or human resources preferred
- 2 + years of talent acquisition