No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work. (sm)
The Service Center/Call Center Triage Registered Nurse assures that communication with each caller will be handled in a professional and tactful manner. When appropriate, the caller’s symptoms will be assessed and triaged using the nursing process and approved guidelines in order to assist in obtaining the appropriate level of care and/or self-care advice. This position reports to the service center’s nurse supervisor.
This is a fast call center environment. Hours of operations: 7AM – 10PM EST. RNs will be required to support various shifts hours including evenings, every other weekend and some holidays as determined by the business.
If you are located in New Jersey, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges
- Provides complete patient assessment, including vital signs and pre-examination procedures
- Gathers and assesses objective and subjective data from the patient
- Assists the Medical Provider in all aspects of the consultation, treatment, procedures, and follow-up care
- Acts as a content expert and clinical resource by providing staff and patient education
- Accurately documents all pertinent information regarding the patient in EMR, if applicable
- Accurately and promptly refills prescriptions as authorized by provider and/or practice policy
- Organizes and maintains medication, and immunization records
- Administers shots and vaccinations consistent with Medical Provider's orders
- Performs inventory of supplies and equipment
- Performs routine maintenance and calibration of administrative and clinical equipment which includes sterilization techniques
- Performs triage of calls for urgent appointments, referrals for patient consults and testing, insurance pre-certification, and documentation
- Consistently demonstrates correct handling of procedure specimens per physician orders, including appropriate identification, labeling, dating and disposition of the specimen
- Maintains confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees and as appropriate
- Under the supervision of the Medical Provider:
- Responds to patient telephone calls and queries in a timely and amicable manner
- Oversees the quality of work performed by the Medical Assistants
- All RMG employees are expected to keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPAA medical privacy guidelines, CLIA regulations and OSHA requirements
- Cooperates with other RMG employees to achieve specific team goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in New Jersey
- Maintains American Heart Association Basic Life Support HCP Certification
- Basic computer and word-processing skills
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Optum, Healthcare, Bilingual, RN, Registered Nurse, ER Nurse, ED RN, Urgent Care RN, Pediatric RN, Telecommute, RMG, Triage, Secaucus, Union City, Jersey City, Newark, NJ, New Jersey