WELCOME RN GRADUATES!
FALL Cohort - November 2021: New-Graduate Nursing Residency Program at Metro-Denver
Department: Several Inpatient and Ambulatory
Full time and benefited: 72 hours per (biweekly) pay-period, 80 hrs/pp. (in some PeriOp and Ambulatory areas)
Flexible schedule: Unit/Clinic specific - Combination of Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays
(This cohort's application window will close promptly on 7/16/2021 at 5:00 pm (MST))
Please note that the Nurse Residency Program has a multi-page attachment needed to apply. Prepare this document before applying in accordance with the steps below and as instructed on the Metro-Denver/Broomfield/Highlands Ranch/Longs Peak Residency Program website.
For complete Program and application information please visit:
---> www.uchealth.org/professionals/residencies/graduate-nurse-residency-program-uch/ <--- You will have the opportunity to attach one (1) single (Word or PDF) document to your profile (this step will only ask for your resume, but this is where you will upload your completed multi-step document). This one single document must be in the order described below and will be comprised of the following seven (7+) pages:
• Pages 1 and 2 - Supplemental Application. Please answer ALL the questions on the supplemental application.
• Page 3 - Cover letter. This should give a brief overview of why you're interested in this cohort and also reiterate why you're a good fit for your Unit(s) of choice and UCHealth overall.
• Pages 4 and 5 - Comprehensive resume
• Page 6 - Letter of Recommendation. The letter has no template or fixed criteria. Instead, this is a character reference submitted on your behalf from past managers, clinical educators, teachers, managers, supervisors, family, friends, peers, fellow students, etc. PLEASE ONLY INCLUDE ONE SINGLE LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION.
• Page 7 - (typically) 9 - Nursing School Unofficial Transcripts
Please ensure that when the document is uploaded, it is in a printable Microsoft Word or PDF format. Only apply if you truly have all your multi-step seven (+)-page document ready to upload. Incomplete applications receive a follow-up from a member of the Talent Acquisition team to resolve.
If you experience technical difficulties, view/download the application troubleshooting guide here ---> s3.amazonaws.com/uchealth-wp-uploads/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/03083103/PROF-Application-Troubleshooting-Guide-for-Residency-Candidates-UCHealth.pdf <---
Once the application window is closed, and your multi-step application document is verified to meet all of the above criteria by Human Resources you will receive a confirmation from the Talent Acquisition team with additional Cohort information and instruction. Please be patient in this busy time of year for our Talent Acquisition Team.
Units hiring for the FALL - November 2021 Metro-Denver/Broomfield/Highlands Ranch/Longs Peak cohort: (subject to change, please see website for unit descriptions):
• Neonatal ICU (NICU)
• Mother/Baby Unit (MBU)
• Inpatient/Outpatient Operating Room
• Admission Transition Unit (ATU)
• Medicine Specialties Unit (MDSS)
• Neurosciences Unit
• General Surgery (Surgical Specialties) Unit
• Transplant/Hepatology Unit (THU)
• Cardiology Unit (CARDS)
• Orthopedics Unit (ORTHO)
• Pulmonary Unit (PULM)
• Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit (REHAB)
• Medicine Health Services Unit (MHSU)
• Acute Care of Elderly Unit (ACE)
• Oncology Unit (ONC)
• Bone Marrow Transplant Unit (BMT)
• Float Pool Unit (UCH MS FP)
Critical Care Units:
• Emergency Department (ED)
• Acute Dialysis Unit (ADU)
• Medical/Surgical Progressive Care Unit (MSPCU)
• Cardiac ICU (CICU)
• Surgical Trauma ICU (STICU)
• Cardiothoracic ICU (CTICU)
• Medical ICU (MICU)
• Neuro - ICU
• Burn Trauma Center (Critical Care/Medical Surgical)
• Center for Dependency, Addiction and Rehabilitation (CeDAR)
Broomfield Hospital Units:
Critical Care Unit:
• Emergency Department (BFH ED)
Highlands Ranch Units:
• Oncology (HRH ONC)
• Medical Unit (HRH MED Unit)
Critical Care Units:
• Intensive Care Unit (HRH ICU)
Longs Peak Hospital Units:
Medical Surgical Units: (LPH MS)
Critical Care Units:
• Emergency Dept. (LPH ED)
Enrolled or recent graduate no more than 1 year from BSN graduation, provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization. Please visit Metro-Denver Nursing Residency Program website for complete information
• Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
• Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Assists with collaborating as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psycho-social support needs.
• Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances. Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel.
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
• Minimum Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing (BSN) program.
• Required Licensure/Certification: State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
The pay rate for this position is: $29.00 / hour, with opportunity to increase to $30 / hour after 6 months of employment. An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Questions? Please contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]