Research Associate -3
$25.00 per hour
Temp to Hire
Participates in the research and development of new clinical diagnostic products, evaluation of reagents (prepared internally or purchased commercially), creation of working prototypes of potential products, participation in the design and performance of internal and independent clinical studies, production of pilot lots of new product, production of a validated method which can be consistently manufactured, creation of documentation required for manufacture and QC testing of new products, participation at scientific meetings, compliance with regulatory requirements, and support required to attain regulatory clearance of new products. Also participates in the support of the company’s current products. In addition, identifies new technology platforms that may be of interest to the company.
- Participates in research and development activities, designs experiments independently and/or with supervisor or team members to meet specific objectives, accurately performs experimentation and/or oversees experimentation, maintains detailed records of procedures and results and/or reviews the results of others, formulates conclusions, schedules progress meetings and presents data. Ensures effective utilization of time and resources. Complies and/or ensures compliance with FDA, ISO, and company Design Control regulations.
- Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of critical components, by purification or other means, for use in development projects.
- Designs, performs, collects, interprets, and reports data independently and /or with minimal oversight from supervisor.
- Develops troubleshooting plans and/or assists in troubleshooting problems with current products through experience and experiments designed to determine the best solution.
- Performs statistical analysis and review of data for generation of results and reports.
- Participates in departmental, company, scientific, or trade meetings as required.
- Authors, edits, and presents research findings for scientific and/or marketing publications, papers and presentations.
- Supports Manufacturing, Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Product Support, as required.
- May serve as a member of the Technical Review Board, as required.
- Participates in the shared responsibility of laboratory maintenance including adherence to established cleaning schedules of laboratories.
- Participates in training others within R&D and/or other functional groups as requested.
The position requires a working knowledge or the ability to acquire a working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation including: pipetting equipment, plate readers, plate washers, plate coating equipment, centrifuges, lyophilization equipment, vacuum pumps, incubation ovens, spectrophotometers,
purification equipment, electrophoresis equipment, and all general laboratory equipment required to satisfy the development of new products. This position requires a fundamental knowledge of computers, the use of spreadsheets to calculate data, and the use of statistical analysis software. This
position also requires the ability to identify, evaluate, and adapt to new technologies and reagents.
Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field. Skills should include immunology, assay development, protein biochemistry, biochemistry, basic science, design control and validation, literature review (including
intellectual property), technical writing, and data presentation.
This position requires 4-7 years experience with a Bachelors Degree or 2-5 years experience with a Masters Degree. Experience must be in a laboratory setting. Must be able to work independently.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.