Title: RTS Technician
Reports To: Manager, Restaurant Technology Services
Purpose of the position: Provide exceptional technical support to corporate, restaurant, and field employees for systems.
Systems Include: point-of-sale (POS), back office system (BOS), networking, printers, phones, CCTV security systems, music, VPN, Info Panel, Telecommunication, Kitchen Video and desktop support issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls and emails from Boston Market restaurants and support teams.
- Answer walk-by questions from internal Boston Market Support Center customers regarding store system and desktop issues.
- Arrive on time and be ready to answer calls at the time of the scheduled shift.
- Know department processes and uphold security standards, security, and integrity (software and hardware).
- Be aware of and work diligently on automation emails (ALRM messaging) and emails responses in the general help desk mailbox.
- Aggressively pursue first-call resolution including analysis and determination of probable cause.
- Attempt prompt resolution for calls documented in our ticket system, including service requests assigned to the department from direct report or other team members.
- Document all service incident information from Boston Market restaurants into tickets. Including all troubleshooting with restaurant managers and email/voice mail comments pertaining to the service incident from other end users.
- Promptly follow-up on all restaurant systems issues and prioritize work base on direction provided by direct report or acting supervisor.
- Collaborate with our help desk team members to assure friendly, prompt, and knowledgeable resolution of restaurant systems issues.
- Escalate difficult issues if resolution is not achievable within prescribed time periods.
- Adhere to all department processes and demonstrate strong, work ethic and teamwork abilities.
- Share problem solutions and other ideas with direct report and team members (e.g. metrics and call monitoring).
- Actively participate in restaurant software testing.
- Master category information ticketing systems for service request recording.
- Actively pursue knowledge base for store system operations and customer service orientation.
- Two years call center/customer service experience with a restaurant or retail company; or three years help desk experience in a non-retail setting; or one-year managerial experience in a Boston Market restaurant or other retail businesses.
- Windows, MAC, and basic PC architecture and hardware integration required.
- Flexible schedule, including night and weekend availability and willingness to work holidays. Hours of operation are 7:00 AM to 11:59 PM, Monday through Sunday, 365 days a year (shortened hours for holidays). Hours are subject to change.
- Demonstrate extraordinary customer service focus by including courteous phone demeanor, sense of urgency, and awareness of other incoming calls, thoroughness in documentation of service incidents, and prompt follow-up to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred, computer science or restaurant management major a plus.
- Strong written/oral communication skills, patient and friendly phone skills and typing skills, and organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task while remaining focused on quality and results.
- Basic Networking, Outlook, Office 365, remote desktop, iOS/MAC familiarity preferred.
- Basic computer architecture and hardware integration with other peripherals.
- Over the phone and/or face-to-face interaction with Boston Market operators (restaurant management), field, and support center employees.
- Over the phone and/or face-to-face interaction with service vendors.
- Sitting or standing at a desk using a headset to answer inbound calls.
- Open cubicle setup to accommodate open discussion between help desk team members. There is no daily rotation of workspace; each technician uses their desk area.
- Each technician uses a designated desktop computer system with three monitors.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Boston Market reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend its policies, programs and/or guidelines, including the contents of this job description, at any time without prior notice.
Boston Market Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.