We are looking for an experienced Right of Way Agent to work on several projects throughout Indiana and possibly NW Illinois, Iowa, and Missouri. The agent will primarily be assigned to an electric power project in the state of Indiana.
The ideal candidate would be located in southern Wisconsin, eastern Iowa, or northern/central Illinois. Some work may be performed remotely but the agent may mobilize for a few days during the week.
- Title research and easement acquisition experience a must.
- Laptop, printer, cell phone, camera(cell phone camera)and Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel.
- Reliable vehicle
The Right of Way Agent handles right-of-way property acquisitions/dispositions, landowner notifications, construction monitoring, and payments for damages as they relate to communications, utilities projects, railroad jobs, or governmental acquisitions/dispositions.
REPORTS TO: Project Manager and/or Project Supervisor.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Contacts landowner(s) to acquire the desired property(ies) either by
easement or fee. Alternatively, informs affected landowners of pending
utility company re-use of its previously acquired right of way and/or
removal of vegetation or other structures encumbering same easement
corridor. When required, contacts adjacent owners for the disposition
of surplus properties as well. In urban situations, identifies potential
parcels suitable for client’s facilities, i.e. office space meeting required
specifications for structural loading. Also assists in feasibility studies.
- Makes last deed of record title and tax record searches to initially
identify ownership of land.
- Reviews acquisition/disposition documents (templates of which have
been provided by the client) to ensure accuracy and to ensure proper
signature lines have been included. Notarize same as necessary.
- Offers and arranges payments for any property or crop damages
incurred during investigations, surveys, construction, or removal of
communications or utilities systems as well as governmental or railroad
- Acts as liaison between landowners and Linderlake Corporation, on
behalf of the client and its representative designees.
- Maintains effective field reports with Linderlake Corporation and the client and its representative designees in a timely fashion. Computer literate sufficient enough to provide said reports in the fashion required
by the client and/or Linderlake Corporation.
- Assists in preparing right-of-way bid documents in conjunction with the engineering staff in preparation for construction bidding, to be
interspersed with landowner line lists as geographically required, mark-
ups of aerial photography, determination of approximate lengths of
property affected by routing of the facilities to be installed for
acquisition and damage settlement payments, performs pre-
construction notification to landowners according to identified
restrictions to ensure timely notice as required etc.
- Assists in closing out records for transferring final documents to client and its representative designees in the mode determined by the client.
High school diploma required. Undergraduate degree or real estate license strongly preferred. Additional coursework in land use and acquisition preferred through IR/WA or other training determined suitable by Linderlake Corporation.
Minimum – one year, right of way, title or site acquisition, as it relates to natural gas and petroleum pipeline, electrical transmission line, tele-communications facility, DOT, EPA, or railroad activities.
Strong written and verbal communication skills; familiarity with title, real estate documents and legal descriptions, as well as land appraisal.