About Our Job
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI), through its employees, enhances the quality of life in Denver by efficiently delivering effective, high quality, safe and equitable public infrastructure, and services.
For more information, please visit the DOTI website.
DOTI's Commitment to Equity:
* DOTI is committed to providing attention and resources to the areas, assets, and people of the city with the greatest need through equitable contracting, equitable investments, and equitable workforce development.
* DOTI's culture revolves around four key principles: (1) Invest in Our People, (2) Operate with Discipline, (3) Use Data to Drive Decisions, and (4) Deliver Results.
Right of Way Services (ROWS) regulates activities associated with private development and use of the City's Right-of-Way. It develops plans for regulatory compliance for mobility and construction permitting, project inspections, and land surveys that facilitate safe access for both vehicular traffic and pedestrians.
Our ROWS team has a full-time, unlimited Right of Way Inspector I (ROW) position. As a ROW Inspector I, your role is entry-level. You'll be receiving on-the-job-training on right of way inspections to ensure that all infrastructure and constructs are within the City & County of Denver's right-of-way meets or exceeds the City's standards and specifications.
Additional duties include:
* Learn how to schedule, document, organize details electronically and through verbal/written communication for inspection request; process permitting to conducting field inspections, and ensure work is constructed according to established transportation standards and details. Documentation is entered into Accela/Salesforce utilizing desktop and mobile applications. Documentation includes photos, notes, voice recorder, video, maps, and other data needed for daily inspections
* Using strong customer service acumen to address concerns and questions related to issues within the ROW (training via Salesforce software/311). Learn through mentorship, proper response to constituents, City Council, and various stake holders in a timely manner. Daily coordination and communication with multiple agencies for all construction activities in the public right of way
* Learn how to check contractors licensing for type and eligibility for requested work prior to processing permits. Review TEPs/plans and ensures the accuracy of the permit relative to the plans and TCP(s)
* Review all traffic control plans for compliance according to the MUTCD. Coordinates traffic control issues with Traffic Control Supervisor, Inspector II, Inspector supervisor, Manager or Engineer as well as Transportation and Mobility as needed. Included are street cut inspections, advising contractors, ensuring forms are set correctly. Suggest corrections and verifying specs and standards
* Receive training from ROW Inspectors II and III, and Supervisor on all small residential and routine projects that require field modifications, onsite meetings, and certificate of occupancy, as well as guidance with more difficult and complex projects and inspections for successful build and close out
Our ideal candidate will have:
* Strong time management and prioritization skills to meet multiple deadlines
* Computer skills using permitting software such as Accela, as well as Map IT, MS Office, Salesforce
* Ability to deescalate and provide solutions and answers in a timely manner
* Attention to detail with documentation and communication (written/verbal/electronic)
* Desire to work with a team to grow with the ROWS Inspectors as a long-term career
* Ability to work independently in inclement weather
We recognize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following required minimum qualifications:
* Education: Graduate from high school or possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
* Experience: Two (2) years of experience in the construction field or two (2) years of experience explaining policies, procedures, statutes, rules, and regulations and relating them to specific situations such as working with customers to pull right of way construction permits, etc.
* License/Certification: This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
* Education and Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
About Everything Else
CN3273 Right of Way Inspector I
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$20.47 - $30.71
Based on experience and education
Dept of Transportation & Infrastructure
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.